Southern Brave vs London Spirit The Hundred Match Prediction
Match: SOB vs LNS Match Prediction
Time: 12 Aug, 11:00 PM (IST)
Series: The Hundred Match
Venue: The Rose Bowl – Southampton, England
SOB vs LNS Dream11 Prediction:
- James Vince lasted for only five balls on Wednesday evening but still smashed 17 runs at a strike-rate of 340. This followed his 71 not out in the opening game and the Southern Brave skipper is our tip for their highest run scorer against London Spirit. Chris Jordan took 1-29 from 20 balls against Birmingham Phoenix and the experienced England international is our pick for Southern Brave’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Zak Crawley top scored for London Spirit with 41 runs from 34 balls against Manchester Originals. The England Test opener is well worth backing as London Spirit’s highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Jordan Thompson took 4-21 from 20 balls in the last game. The pace bowler is a strong choice for London Spirit’s top wicket taker on Friday.
- With 88 runs in the tournament already, James Vince to score over 22.5 looks like a solid bet in this game.
SOB vs LNS Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket and BBC.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on SkyGo, the BBC iPlayer and the FanCode App.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There will be no rain and no cloud throughout this evening match. Although the sun will set during the game, the temperature will remain above 25 degrees throughout.
The surface in Southampton very rarely offers much pace in the pitch and we often see cutters and pace off bowlers having the most success. Getting to grips with a two-paced wicket could be the biggest challenge for the batters.
Southern Brave won the toss and chose to field first on Wednesday with London Spirit opting to bat first in their win on Monday. We expect to see Southern Brave bowl first irrespective of who wins the toss.
L, W, W, W, W
❌ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅
W, W, L, L, W
✅ ✅ ❌ ❌✅
SOB vs LNS Team News:
SOB Team News:
There were two changes for Southern Brave ahead of their defeat to Birmingham Phoenix. Craig Overton was away playing with England Lions against South Africa and 17 year old spinner Rehan Ahmed was left out. We expect Ahmed to come back into the team in place of George Garton for this match.
LNS Team News:
There was one enforced change for London Spirit ahead of their second successive win in the 2022 Men’s Hundred. Dan Lawrence was away, preparing for England Lions duty, and was replaced by experienced all-rounder Ravi Bopara. Lawrence will still be unavailable and we expect Bopara to get the nod again.
James Vince (c)
Q de Kock (wk)
A Rossington (wk)
Eoin Morgan (c)
Who will win today’s match: SOB vs LNS The Hundred Match Fantasy Team
Southern Brave, the 2021 Men’s Hundred Champions, will be pleased to have an opportunity to get back to winning ways less than 24 hours after their defeat to Birmingham Phoenix. However, London Spirit are quietly building momentum and have been very impressive in their opening games. We are predicting a very close match but are backing Southern Brave to come out on top.
Southern Brave are favorites to beat London Spirit
SOB Key Players:
The Southern Brave skipper looked in magnificent touch before playing on to a thick inside edge on Wednesday evening. He is the key wicket for the opposition bowlers.
No matter what the format is, Chris Jordan can always be relied upon to pick up wickets, bowl economically and field with distinction. He dismissed Matthew Wade against Birmingham Phoenix.
The spinner delivered the most dot balls for his side on Wednesday and also chipped in with the wicket of the dangerous Liam Livingstone.
LNS Key Players:
The right-handed opener scored three fours and two sixes in his innings against Manchester Originals. He has a strike-rate of 137.77 in the 2022 competition.
The 35-year-old former West Indian captain has got off to an excellent start in this campaign. He has yet to be dismissed and scored 53 runs over the two matches.
The bowling all-rounder is the leading wicket-taker in the tournament so far. He has made a real name for himself as a white ball strike-bowler.
SOB vs LNS Team Form:
SOB Team Form:
- After ending the 2021 season with a winning streak and opening this year’s tournament with a victory, it will be very interesting to see how Southern Brave respond to defeat.
LNS Team Form:
- After winning their only game towards the back end of the 2021 season, London Spirit have now won three out of their last five games in The Men’s Hundred.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
James Vince(c), Quinton de Kock(w), Marcus Stoinis, Alex Davies, Tim David, Ross Whiteley, James Fuller, George Garton, Chris Jordan, Jake Lintott, Tymal Mills, Michael Hogan, Joe Weatherley, Jofra Archer, Craig Overton, Daniel Moriarty, Rehan Ahmed
Zak Crawley, Adam Rossington(w), Glenn Maxwell, Eoin Morgan(c), Kieron Pollard, Jordan Thompson, Ravi Bopara, Liam Dawson, Nathan Ellis, Mason Crane, Chris Wood, Toby Roland-Jones, Daniel Bell-Drummond, Mark Wood, Ben McDermott, Brad Wheal, Josh Inglis, Riley Meredith, Jamie Smith, Blake Cullen.