SOB-W vs OVI-W Tips, Stats & Team for Today Match Prediction
Match: SOB-W vs OVI-W The Hundred Match Prediction
Time: 21 August, 07:30 PM (IST)
Venue: Lords Cricket Ground – London, England
- Only Jemima Rodrigues has scored more runs in the Women’s Hundred than Sophia Dunkley. She is an excellent choice for Southern Brave Women’s highest run scorer in the Final.
- Amanda-Jade Wellington has taken 4 wickets in two games during the tournament. The Australian is a good tip for Southern Brave Women’s top wicket taker against Oval Invincibles Women.
- Tash Farrant has taken the most wickets in the competition and is our recommendation for Oval Invincibles Women’s top wicket taker against Southern Brave Women
Live Streaming: The match can be watched live on BBC2 in the UK. In Australia, the game will be telecast on Kayo Sports. Willow TV will show the match in the USA with SuperSport showing the clash in South Africa.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The match will be played at Lord’s. The highest score at this venue was from Trent Rockets Women who hit 151-4 in late July. We expect any total above 140 to be enough to win the competition.
SOB-W Team News:
- Southern Brave Women were the outstanding team in the Women’s Hundred group stage. They finished five points clear at the top of the table with seven wins and only one defeat against Manchester Originals at Emirates Old Trafford earlier this month. Their last group stage game was on Monday at The Ageas Bowl where they beat Oval Invincibles Women by 30 runs. Sophia Dunkley top scored with an unbeaten 58 from 39 balls to take her tally of runs to 244 for the tournament. With the ball, Amanda-Jade Wellington took 4-12 and is in the hunt for the top wicket taker in the competition with 13 dismissals.
OVI-W Team News:
- Oval Invincibles Women booked their place in the Final of The Hundred Women with a remarkable 20 run win over Birmingham Phoenix Women in The Eliminator at The Oval on Friday afternoon. For a long period of the game it looked likely that Birmingham Phoenix Women were going to progress to the Lord’s Final. Chasing 115 to win, Phoenix were 66-2 from 49 balls before losing their last 8 wickets for 45 runs. Tash Farrant was again the star with the ball for Oval Invincibles Women, she took 4-10 from 20 balls to take her tally to 18 for the tournament. Earlier with the bat, Marizanne Kapp top scored with a run a ball 37.
C & VC Options for SL:
Who will win today match: SOB-W vs OVI-W The Hundred Fantasy Team
TThe Women’s Hundred competition has had an excellent debut season and this should be an excellent showpiece final at Lord’s. Oval Invincibles Women never know when they are beaten and with Tash Farrant’s bowling, they are always a threat. However, Southern Brave Women have been fantastic throughout the tournament and we are backing them to win this match.
SOB-W Key Players:
Wyatt has scored 208 runs in the Hundred at an average of 29.71, whereas her S/R has been 132.48. She has scalped one wicket in bowling.
Dunkley has scored 244 runs in the Hundred at an average of 48.80, whereas her S/R has been 143.52.
Wellington scalped 17 wickets in the last WBBL season, whereas she has scalped 13 wickets in the Hundred so far.
OVI-W Key Players:
Dan van Niekerk:
Niekerk has scored 1839 T20I runs for South Africa, whereas she has scalped 63 wickets in bowling. [This Tournament: 233 Runs and 7 Wickets].
Kapp has scored 986 T20I runs for South Africa, whereas she has scalped 62 wickets in bowling. [This Tournament: 124 Runs and 7 Wickets].
Farrant has 11 T20I wickets under her belt, whereas she has scalped 18 wickets in the Hundred as well.
SOB-W Team Form:
- Souther Brave were the first team to qualify for the grand finale and rightly so, given the immaculate run they had in the league stage. Out of a total of eight games played, Southern Brave won seven and lost just one. They finished with 14 points to their name couple with a terrific net run-rate of 1.056. Their net run rate is an evidence enough to show how dominant they were before the knockouts began.
- They will be looking to continue to assert their dominance in the knockouts as well, but it is not going to be easy. Having said that, Southern Brave Women have some of the most experienced players available and that should help them deal with the high-pressure situation in this upcoming fixture.
- Not only have they been in terrific form, but they also have an immaculately balanced side on paper as well. The likes of Sophia Dunkley, Stefanie Taylor, and Danni Wyatt are some of the most useful exponents of this format of the game and should not be easy to deal with. Besides, with the presence of Anya Shrubsole, Fi Morris, Amanda Jade Wellington, and Lauren Bell, they have a bowling unit that is second to none.
OVI-W Team Form:
- Oval Invincibles Women finished second on the points table in the league stage and will be looking to go be at their best when it matters the most. They did that against Birmingham Phoenix in the recently concluded eliminator as they defeated them by 20 runs to get into the grand finale.
- In the league stage, Oval Invincibles finished with four wins to their name from a total of seven completed matches. Although they were not as good as they would have liked, they did a decent job at the back-end of the stage. Besides, they are coming off a terrific win in their last match and that should boost their morale.
- On paper, the Invincibles have a terrific bowling unit that can keep even the best in the business quiet. The same happened in the eliminator as well as Tash Farrant and Marizanne Kapp picked up seven wickets between them to defend a modest total. That win would have imbibed the Invincibles with a tremendous amount of confidence and that will be handy in the upcoming match.
Gaby Lewis, Danielle Wyatt, Sophia Dunkley, Stafanie Taylor, Maia Bouchier, Amanda Wellington, Anya Shrubsole(c), Fi Morris, Tara Norris, Carla Rudd(w), Lauren Bell, Paige Scholfield, Sonia Odedra, Ella McCaughan, Charlotte Taylor
Oval Invincibles Women:
Georgia Adams, Dane van Niekerk(c), Fran Wilson, Marizanne Kapp, Alice Capsey, Mady Villiers, Joanne Gardner, Grace Gibbs, Sarah Bryce(w), Natasha Farrant, Shabnim Ismail, Eva Gray, Rhianna Southby, Megan Belt, Danielle Gregory
Southern Brave Womens:
Oval Invincibles Womens:
C & VC Options:
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
> We have mentioned the expected playing 11 as per our cricket knowledge. You can change the fantasy team once the playing 11 is out.