SOM vs LAN Tips, Stats & Team for Today Match Prediction
Match: SOM vs LAN T20 Blast Prediction
Time: 26 August, 11:30 PM (IST)
Venue: The Cooper Associates County Ground-Taunton, England
- Devon Conway was Somerset’s leading run scorer in the group stage but is unavailable leaving Tom Banton as the natural tip for their highest run scorer in this match. Marchant de Lange enjoyed a spectacular Men’s Hundred campaign with the ball and is worth backing as Somerset’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Liam Livingstone was the star of the Men’s Hundred with the bat and his run-out in the Final was probably the moment when Birmingham Phoenix lost the game. Livingstone has had a fantastic summer and is a good bet for Lightning’s highest run scorer against Somerset. With the ball, Matt Parkinson took 13 wickets in the group stage and is a match-winner at this level.
- Tom Banton and Liam Livingstone will be the main contenders for the big scores in this game. We are backing Livingstone to continue his incredible form of the summer and take the player of the match award.
Live Streaming: The match can be watched live on Sky Cricket in the UK. Star Sports will show live coverage in India.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The relatively small outfield in Taunton means we often see high scoring games. Both fast and pace-off bowlers will pick up wickets on this pitch.
Both teams prefer to chase in this format. We expect both captains to insert the opposition in this Quarter Final.
W, W, L W, W
✅ ✅ ❌ ✅ ✅
W, W, W L, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ❌ ✅
SOM Team News:
Although Devon Conway’s presence and runs at the top of the order will be a big loss for the West Country side, they will still be competitive in this game. We expect bowling all-rounder Craig Overton to miss out on England selection and be available for Somerset as a result.
LAN Team News:
Any limited overs team would miss Jos Buttler and Saqib Mahmood although the loss of Finn Allen will not be felt quite as strongly by Lancashire Lightning. This is offset by Liam Livingstone returning to the side, he missed the final group stage games due to an England call-up and is in fantastic form.
C & VC Options for SL:
Who will win today match: SOM vs LAN T20 Blast Quarter Final Match Fantasy Team
Trinbago Knight Riders will start as favourites, no doubt. They have a formidable team at disposal and will be very hard to beat. In the last season, the champions won the competition without losing a single game.
SOM Key Players:
The attacking opener has not hit the heights of a couple of years ago but still retains the ability and belief to take apart an opposition bowling attack very quickly.
The middle order batsman enjoyed opening the batting for Birmingham Phoenix and boosted his profile with some significant contributions.
Always an impressive performer at this level, Gregory is far more than a bits and pieces player and leads the team well.
LAN Key Players:
Alongside James Vince, Livingstone has had quite a breakthrough summer. Long respected in franchise leagues across the globe, this is the first time the English domestic fans have seen him deliver.
A real experienced head and solid presence in the batting order. Vilas impressed in a couple of fleeting appearances in the Men’s Hundred but is integral to the Lightning side.
The leg spinner has performed well in this competition over a number of years and is now starting to be rewarded with regular international call-ups.
SOM Team Form:
- Somerset needed to win four of their last five games to qualify for the knockout stage and they did just that. With a full strength side available they will be full of confidence.
- Somerset will miss Devon Conway from their side but in Will Smeed, Tom Banton and captain Lewis Gregory, they have players who can win a match on their own.
LAN Team Form:
- Lightning began the group stage with a flurry of wins before coming off the boil. However, they strung together three in a row to secure their place in the knockout stage.
- Lancashire Lightning blew hot and cold during the group stage and are without Finn Allen, Jos Buttler and Saqib Mahmood. However, any team with Liam Livingstone always has a good chance of victory.
Dane Vilas (c & wk), Finn Allen, Tom Bailey, Jack Blatherwick, Josh Bohannon, Jos Buttler (wk), Steven Croft, Alex Davies, Richard Gleeson, Tom Hartley, Keaton Jennings, Danny Lamb, Liam Livingstone, Matthew Parkinson, Luke Wood, Rob Jones, Luke Wells, Saqib Mahmood, Liam Hurt.
+ Ground and Pitch info about
Lords Cricket Ground – London, England
Last FC Matches on this Ground:
1. England v New Zealand
NZ 378-10& 169-6
ENG 275-10 & 170-3
Pacer – 21
Spinner – 2
Rory Burns – 132R
Joe Root – 42R & 40R
Dominic Sibley – 69*R
Ollie Robinson – 4/75 & 3/26
Mark Wood – 3/81
James Anderson – 2/83
2. Middlesex v Hampshire
MID 172-10 & 101-10
HAM 208-10 & 66-3
Pacer – 33
Spinner – 0
3. Middlesex v Gloucestershire
MID 210-10 & 152-10
GLO 272-10 & 93-3
Pacer – 27
Spinner – 5
4. Middlesex v Surrey
SUR 154-10 & 130-10
MID 268-10 & 18-0
Pacer – 28
Spinner – 1
Rory Burns- 8R & 54R
Olie Pope – 22R & 32R
Pacer – 109
Spinner – 08
Players Form @Lords Cricket Ground – London, England & H2H Stats:
ENG @Lords Cricket Ground – London, England & H2H Against IND:
IND @Lords Cricket Ground – London, England & H2H Against ENG:
Player Form Sheet:
Make necessary changes if any player absent
*Above GL Team Guide Images for Guide only.
*You can make necessary changes as per your choice.
*Above Team maybe Highly risky so play at your own risk.
*for final team check here in the last 15mins of the match deadline.
*You can also make some other combination by changing 1-2 players with help of Team Guide.
Best of Luck.
> We have mentioned the expected playing 11 as per our cricket knowledge. You can change the fantasy team once the playing 11 is out.