SS vs SMP Dream11 Prediction for TNPL T20i Match
Match: SS vs SMP TNPL T20i Match Prediction
Time: 11 Jul, 07:15 PM (IST)
Series: TNPL 2022 T20 Match 16
Venue: SNR College Cricket Stadium – Coimbatore, India
SS vs SMP Info:
- Opener Hari Gopinath struck 41 runs from only 18 balls in the Spartans last match and he is our tip for Salem Spartans’ highest run scorer in this clash. The Spartans have taken only seven wickets in the tournament so far and bowling is their weak suit. We are backing G Kishoor to build on his two dismissals from his only appearance and he is who we expect to be Salem Spartans’ top wicket taker against Madurai Panthers.
- Arun Karthik is the leading run scorer in the tournament and we are backing him to continue his strong form and to be Madurai Panthers’ highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Kiran Akash went wicketless in the last match but is the top wicket taker in the competition. He is our pick for Madurai Panthers’ top wicket taker against Salem Spartan.
- With a century to his name in the campaign already, Arun Karthik is our prediction for the Player of The Match Award.
SS vs SMP Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports 1.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on Disney Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Cloudy conditions with humidity rising from 60% to 70% from the start to the end of the game. There is a very small chance of rain interrupting the game.
This venue usually produces a wicket which allows for more of a contest between bat and ball than some of the others in the tournament. Spinners will certainly get plenty of turn from the surface.
Bowling first is what all skippers have done so far in the tournament. Although you are not out of the game if you bat first, fielding is far easier in the early hours of the game and we expect both captains to field first.
L, L W, L, L
❌ ❌ ✅ ❌ ❌
W, L, W, L, L
✅ ❌ ✅ ❌ ❌
SS vs SMP Team News:
SS Team News:
The Spartans suffered a big defeat against Nellai Kovai Kings last time out and there will be plenty of shouts from their supporters to make big changes to the side. However, we expect Murugan Ashwin’s side to keep faith with the same XI as they try and get the squad familiar with each other’s roles.
SMP Team News:
The Panthers produced an excellent team performance in their last game, Match 13 against Dindigul Dragons, which they won at a canter by 7 wickets with 4.3 overs remaining. Although they picked up three wickets via run-outs, all of their frontline bowlers impressed and we do not expect to see any changes to their XI for this match.
R Kavin (wk)
Murugan Ashiwn (c)
Anirudh Sita Ram
NS Chaturved (c)
R Easwaran (wk)
Who will win today’s match: SS vs SMP TNPL T20i Match Fantasy Team
We think that Salem Spartans are a better team than the league table currently suggests. However, unluckily for them, they come up against the big-hitting and impressive bowling attack from Madurai Panthers in this game. The Panthers have quality throughout their squad and, although we expect them to lose some more matches this year, we are predicting a victory for Madurai Panthers.
Madurai Panthers are favorite to beat Salem Spartans
SS Key Players:
the middle-order batter hit only 5 runs from 4 balls on Wednesday last week. However, he performed well in the first game of the competition and he looks to be thriving without the captaincy.
the opener was dismissed with a strike-rate of 227.78 against the Kovai Kings. He struck three fours and four sixes.
the toothless bowling performance from the side in the last game means it would be a travesty if Kishoor is not brought back in. He dismissed a set batter and another for a golden duck against Lyca.
CSG Key Players:
the opener was the second highest scorer for the Panthers with 41 runs from 31 balls against the Dragons. Karthik hit seven fours in his innings.
the skipper crashed one boundary before being dismissed for 10 runs from 12 balls in the last game. He has a top score of 75 in this year’s tournament.
the right-arm medium fast bowler produced his most economical performance against Dindigul Dragons. Although he didn’t take a wicket he was still very hard to get away.
SS vs SMP Team Form:
SS Team Form:
- Two defeats from two matches never looks good. Combined with last year’s poor finish, the Spartans are a distance from being a consistent side in this campaign.
SMP Team Form:
- The Panthers are flying in the table in spite of their only defeat to Nellai Royal Kings. The dominance shown over Dindigul Dragons was shown in the winning margin
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Jafar Jamal, Gopinath, R Kavin (wk), Daryl Ferrario, S Abishiek, Murugan Ashwin (c), M Ganesh Moorthi, G Periyaswamy, B Praanesh, Akshay Srinivasan, Pranav KumarBenchRavi Karthikeyan, G Kishoor, Lokesh Raj, S Ganesh, S Boopalan, Rajendran Karthikeyan, Dinesh Vedaguru, Jeet Jain, R Rishi
V Aaditya, Arun Karthik (wk), Balchander Anirudh, NS Chaturved (c), Jagatheesan Kousik, K Rajkumar, Varun Chakaravarthy, Sunny Sandhu, R Silambarasan, Kiran Akash, Aushik SrinivasBenchThalaivan Sargunam, Jhatavedh Subramanyan, K Deeban Lingesh, R Mithun, S Senthil Nathan, V Gowtham, B Rocky, P Saravanan, M Ayush, Rithik Easwaran, Vignesh Iyer