Melbourne Stars vs Melbourne Renegades
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 03 Jan, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne
STA vs REN Dream11 Prediction:
- Marcus Stoinis finally found some form in the last game, hitting 74 runs from 35 balls, and the Australian international is well worth backing as Melbourne Stars’ highest run scorer against Melbourne Renegades. Adam Zampa has been very consistent in the competition and he is our tip for Melbourne Stars’ top wicket taker in this game.
- Aaron Finch is averaging 47.20 in this tournament and the experienced batter is our pick for Melbourne Renegades’ highest run scorer in this Melbourne derby. With the ball, Kane Richardson took 2-21 from his four overs on New Year’s Day and he is a strong choice for Melbourne Renegades’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Melbourne Renegades have struggled with their opening partnerships and we recommend backing Melbourne Stars’ openers to produce a higher first wicket partnership.
STA vs REN Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It will be cloudy from start to finish in Melbourne. However, there is no chance of rain falling and there will be no interruptions to this game.
It is a good batting wicket at the MCG and we expect a par score to be over 170 in this match. There will be some turn for the spinners on this pitch.
52.3% of BBL games at this venue have been won by the team batting first. Our prediction is that both captains will choose to bat first if they win the toss.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, L, L, W
W, L, L, L, W
STA vs REN TEAM NEWS:
STA Team News:
Glenn Maxwell and Joe Burns remain long-term absentees in the Melbourne Stars team, but apart from them there are no other injury worries in the squad. We do not expect to see any changes in the XI from the win against the Strikers to this match.
REN Team News:
Although he has been managing a slight injury, Kane Richardson was fit enough to perform to a high level on New Year’s Day and we expect him to be selected again in this match. Peter Handscomb was promoted to number three in the batting order in the last game and could well get a go as an opener in this game.
STA vs REN Pre-Toss LineUps:
STA vs REN Team Updates:
STA Team Updates
- Tom Fraser Rogers and Joe Clarke will probably open the inning.
- Joe Clarke is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Beau Webster will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Marcus Stoinis and Hilton Cartwright will handle the middle-order batting.
- Marcus Stoinis was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Adam Zampa will lead the Melbourne Stars as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Joe Clarke will do the Wicket-Keeping for Melbourne Stars. He is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Luke Wood and Trent Boult will lead the pace attack of his team.
REN Team Updates
- Martin Guptill and Nic Maddinson will probably open the inning.
- Peter Handscomb will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Aaron Finch and Jonathan Wells will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aaron Finch was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Nic Maddinson will lead the Melbourne Renegades as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Peter Handscomb will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Renegades.
- Akeal Hosein and Mujeeb-ur-Rahman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Tom Stewart Rogers and Kane Richardson will lead the pace attack of his team.
Any time two teams from the same city go head to head, you are guaranteed an extra bit of tension and interest in the fixture. This match will be no different with both the Stars and the Renegades needing a victory. The Renegades began the season in excellent form but have struggled to back up Aaron Finch who has been their only consistent performer of late. Our prediction is for Melbourne Stars to win.
Melbourne Stars are favorites to beat Melbourne Renegades
STA Key Players:
Joe Clarke –
The keeper-batter continued his excellent BBL season with 42 runs from 32 balls in the win over Adelaide Strikers. He comes into this game with 232 runs in the BBL 2022-23.
Marcus Stoinis –
The batting all-rounder took the Player of the Match Award for his fine batting display on Saturday. He hit 11 boundaries in the innings and will be looking to clear the ropes again in this match.
Adam Zampa –
The right arm spinner and captain has been economical and threatening during this campaign. He took 3-28 at this venue earlier in the competition.
REN Key Players:
Aaron Finch –
The form of the former skipper has been a rare bright spot for Melbourne Renegades during this campaign. He is the second highest run scorer in the 2022-23 BBL.
Akeal Hosein –
The West Indian spinner went wicketless against Perth Scorchers in the last match but should get some turn and bounce from the pitch in this match.
Kane Richardson –
The experienced fast medium bowler dismissed both Perth Scorchers openers, Adam Lyth and Faf du Plessis, in Sunday’s game in Melbourne.
STA vs REN Team Forms:
STA Team Form:
The Stars ended a run of three successive defeats with their eight run win over Adelaide Strikers on Saturday.
REN Team Form:
The Renegades are hoping to avoid their fifth successive defeat in this year’s tournament.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Melbourne Stars (STA):
Tom Fraser Rogers, Joe Clarke(WK), Beau Webster, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Nick Larkin, Campbell Kellaway, Luke Wood, Trent Boult, Liam Hatcher, Adam Zampa(C), Sam Elliot, Brody Couch, Cameron McClure, Pavel Florin, James Seymour, Glenn Maxwell, Clint Hinchliffe, Tom OConnell, Nathan Coulter-Nile
Melbourne Renegades (REN):
Martin Guptill, Nic Maddinson(C), Peter Handscomb(WK), Aaron Finch, Jonathan Wells, Mackenzie Harvey, Akeal Hosein, Will Sutherland, Tom Stewart Rogers, Kane Richardson, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Marcus Harris, Corey Rocchiccioli, Sam Harper(WK), Jake Fraser-McGurk, Ruwantha Kellapotha, Shaun Marsh, Zak Evans, Jack Prestwidge, David Moody