Melbourne Stars vs Perth Scorchers
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 23 Dec, 10:00 AM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Junction Oval – Melbourne, Australia
STA vs SCO Dream11 Prediction:
- Joe Clarke is the only player to have hit a century so far in this edition of the BBL and the opener is well worth backing as Melbourne Stars’ highest run scorer against Perth Scorchers. With the ball, Adam Zampa took 3-27 in the last match and the captain is a strong choice for Melbourne Stars’ top wicket taker in this game.
- We are backing Faf du Plessis to be Perth Scorchers’ highest run scorer against Melbourne Stars. He hit an impressive 32 runs from 16 balls at the top of the order in the defeat to Hobart Hurricanes. Jhye Richardson has taken 13 wickets in his last five BBL appearances and the pace bowler is our pick for Perth Scorchers’ top wicket taker in this clash.
- With his current form, it is hard to see Jhye Richardson not making a big impact on this match. We recommend backing him to take over 2.5 wickets.
STA vs SCO Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Partly cloudy throughout although we do not anticipate any rain falling during the match. The temperature could get up to 25 degrees for the start of the game.
There is always pace for the quick bowlers but also turn and bounce for the spinners on this wicket. We expect a par score of around 185.
Most teams prefer to bat first at the Junction Oval in T20 games and we expect the captains on both sides to choose to do so if they win the toss ahead of this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, L, W, W, L
L, W, W, W, W
STA vs SCO TEAM NEWS:
STA Team News:
The Stars will have the same players available for this game as for their last fixture with only Glenn Maxwell and Joe Burns ruled out for the whole of this BBL. After the impressive performance against the Hurricanes, we anticipate the same XI at the Junction Oval.
SCO Team News:
With Phil Salt and Mitchell Marsh already unavailable for the entire season through injury, Perth Scorchers are also without the services of Cameron Green and Lance Morris for this match with the Boxing Day Test against South Africa approaching.
STA vs SCO Pre-Toss LineUps:
STA vs SCO Team Updates:
STA Team Updates
- Tom Fraser Rogers and Joe Clarke will probably open the inning.
- Joe Clarke was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Nick Larkin will bat at the one-down position.
- Marcus Stoinis and Beau Webster will handle the middle-order batting.
- Adam Zampa will lead the Melbourne Stars as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Joe Clarke will do the Wicket-Keeping for Melbourne Stars. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Nathan Coulter-Nile and Trent Boult will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Nathan Coulter-Nile is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
SCO Team Updates
- Faf du Plessis and Adam Lyth will probably open the inning.
- Nick Hobson will bat at the one-down position.
- Josh Inglis and Ashton Turner will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ashton Turner will lead the Perth Scorchers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Inglis will do the Wicket Keeping for Perth Scorchers.
- Ashton Agar and Peter Hatzoglou will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Jhye Richardson and Andrew Tye will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Jhye Richardson is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
With the Stars and the Scorchers both searching for their second win of the campaign, we expect a high scoring and exciting contest at the Junction Oval. Ultimately, we think that the quality of Perth Scorchers’ bowlers will be the biggest factor in this game and are backing them to beat Melbourne Stars.
Perth Scorchers are favorites to beat Melbourne Stars
STA Key Players:
Joe Clarke –
The English keeper-batter hit five half-centuries for the Stars in the 2021-22 BBL season and was in fine form striking nine fours and four sixes against Hobart Hurricanes.
Marcus Stoinis –
The 33 year old batter has been in excellent international form but has been dismissed for two ducks and faced three balls in two BBL fixtures so far. He will be keen to get his campaign going in front of the home fans.
Adam Zampa –
The skipper and leg-spinner should enjoy bowling on this wicket at the Junction Oval. He has conceded 27 runs in both of the first two games and picked up five wickets in total.
SCO Key Players:
Faf du Plessis –
The South African opener hit three fours and three sixes with a strike-rate of 200 against Hobart Hurricanes in BBL 2022. He is a destructive batter who could win this game on his own.
Josh Inglis –
The keeper-batter top scored for the Scorchers in the last match with 62 runs from 37 balls. He is a very tidy wicket-keeper and will keep the fielders focused during this game.
Jhye Richardson –
The 26 year old right arm fast bowler missed out on Test selection due to a slight injury at the end of last month but that has been the gain for the Scorchers. Richardson has seven wickets already in this campaign.
STA vs SCO Team Forms:
STA Team Form:
It has been a very poor start to this campaign for Sydney Sixers who are attempting to avoid their fourth BBL defeat in a row in this match.
SCO Team Form:
Hobart Hurricanes ended a losing streak of three successive BBL games with their win over Perth Scorchers on Monday in BBL 2022.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Melbourne Stars (STA):
Tom Fraser Rogers, Joe Clarke(WK), Nick Larkin, Marcus Stoinis, Beau Webster, Hilton Cartwright, Campbell Kellaway, Luke Wood, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa(C), Trent Boult, James Seymour, Brody Couch, Liam Hatcher, Sam Elliot, Cameron McClure, Pavel Florin, Joe Burns, Glenn Maxwell, Clint Hinchliffe, Tom OConnell
Perth Scorchers (SCO):
Faf du Plessis, Adam Lyth, Nick Hobson, Josh Inglis(WK), Ashton Turner(C), Aaron Hardie, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou, Stephen Eskinazi, David Payne, Cameron Green, Hamish Mckenzie, Cameron Bancroft, Tymal Mills, Matthew Kelly, Cooper Connolly, Lance Morris