Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 06 Jan, 01:00 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne, Australia
STA vs SIX Dream11 Prediction:
- Joe Clarke is still the only player to hit a century so far in this campaign and the keeper-batter is well worth backing as Melbourne Stars’ highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Luke Wood has taken 10 wickets in three appearances at the MCG and the pace bowler is our pick for Melbourne Stars’ top wicket taker against Sydney Sixers.
- Englishman James Vince has performed to a high standard across his BBL career and looks to be back to his best in this campaign. He is our tip for Sydney Sixers’ highest run scorer against Melbourne Stars. Sean Abbott has taken 10 wickets in the tournament and he is a strong choice for Sydney Sixers’ top wicket taker in this game.
- We expect James Vince to make a crucial score in this game and recommend backing him to hit over 20.5 runs at the MCG.
STA vs SIX Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There will be clear skies throughout this contest at the MCG with sunny weather across the first half of the game. The temperature will drop from the mid-20s to the high teens over the course of the match.
The average BBL first innings score in 2022 is 141. We expect a pitch which offers a great deal of movement for the quick bowlers and some turn for the spin bowlers.
The team batting first have won 53.3% of BBL games at the MCG and we predict that both captains will choose to bat first if they win the toss ahead of this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, W, L, L, L
N, L, W, W, W
STA vs SIX TEAM NEWS:
STA Team News:
In spite of Nathan Coulter-Nile and Thomas Rogers both reporting minor injuries after the win over Adelaide Strikers on New Year’s Eve, both players were fit enough to be selected for the Melbourne derby on Tuesday. We anticipate seeing the same XI in this game.
SIX Team News:
Chris Jordan returned to the Sydney Sixers XI in the no result against Brisbane Heat on Wednesday. We would have expected him to be rested for this game but he may well keep his place in the team after bowling only three overs in the rain-affected match.
STA vs SIX Pre-Toss LineUps:
STA vs SIX Team Updates:
STA Team Updates
- Tom Fraser Rogers and Joe Clarke will probably open the inning.
- Beau Webster will bat at the one-down position.
- Marcus Stoinis and Hilton Cartwright will handle the middle-order batting.
- Adam Zampa will lead the Melbourne Stars as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Joe Clarke will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Stars.
- Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Luke Wood and Trent Boult will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Luke Wood is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
SIX Team Updates
- Josh Philippe and James Vince will probably open the inning.
- Daniel Hughes will bat at the one-down position.
- Moises Henriques and Jordan Silk will handle the middle-order batting.
- Moises Henriques will lead the Sydney Sixers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Philippe will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Sixers.
- Steve OKeefe will take care of the spin bowling of the team. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Ben Dwarshuis and Chris Jordan will lead the pace attack of his team.
Although Melbourne Stars are bottom of the table, we expect them to be competitive in this game. They have a strong bowling attack and a key battle will be between them and Sydney Sixers’ batters. Overall, we expect Sydney Sixers to outperform Melbourne Stars with the bat and our prediction is for Sydney Sixers to return to winning ways in this match.
Sydney Sixers are favorites to beat Melbourne Stars
STA Key Players:
Joe Clarke –
After an excellent 2022 for Melbroune Stars, 2023 could not have started any worse for Clarke who got a golden duck in the Melbourne derby, He will relish the opportunity to make amends at the same ground in this match.
Marcus Stoinis –
The big hitting batting all-rounder was another to fail against Melbourne Renegades. However, he took the Player of the Match Award in the New Year’s Eve win over the Strikers.
Luke Wood –
The English left-arm pace bowler continues to enjoy his first experience of the BBL. He comes into this game as Melbourne Stars’ top wicket taker.
SIX Key Players:
James Vince –
The English right-hander has slowly improved his returns over the course of this campaign and made 41 runs from 24 balls in his last innings.
Jordan Silk –
The 30 year old middle-order batter is Sydney Sixers’ highest run scorer in the BBL 2022-23 so far and he will look to be attacking whatever the match situation when he comes to the crease in this game.
Sean Abbott –
The BBL all-time leading wicket taker went wicketless for the first time in this season’s tournament on Wednesday. With Andrew Tye closing in on his tally, expect Abbott to go hunting for wickets again at the MCG.
STA vs SIX Team Forms:
STA Team Form:
The Stars have won only two games all season with one victory coming across their last five matches.
SIX Team Form:
Sydney Sixers have not won either of their last two matches after previously winning four successive games.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Melbourne Stars (STA):
Tom Fraser Rogers, Joe Clarke(WK), Beau Webster, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Nick Larkin, Campbell Kellaway, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Luke Wood, Trent Boult, Adam Zampa(C), Sam Elliot, Brody Couch, Cameron McClure, Pavel Florin, James Seymour, Glenn Maxwell, Clint Hinchliffe, Tom OConnell, Liam Hatcher
Sydney Sixers (SIX):
Josh Philippe(WK), James Vince, Daniel Hughes, Moises Henriques(C), Jordan Silk, Daniel Christian, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Ben Dwarshuis, Steve OKeefe, Chris Jordan, Nathan Lyon, Josh Kann, Kurtis Patterson, Jack Edwards, Steven Smith, Jackson Bird, Mickey Edwards, Todd Murphy, Izharullahq Naveed, Naveen-ul-Haq