Melbourne Stars vs Adelaide Strikers
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 12 Jan, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Melbourne Cricket Ground – Melbourne
STA vs STR Dream11 Prediction:
- Joe Clarke has the highest score of the tournament so far (101) with 248 in total. The opener is well worth backing as Melbourne Stars’ highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Luke Wood is one of only three players to have taken a five-wicket haul in the competition and is our pick for Melbourne Stars’ top wicket taker against Adelaide Strikers.
- No player has hit more runs than Chris Lynn in this BBL season or across all BBL seasons combined. He is our tip for Adelaide Strikers’ highest run scorer in this game. Wes Agar took 3-27 from four overs in the last match against Melbourne Stars and he is a strong choice for Adelaide Strikers’ top wicket taker in Match 38.
- Chris Lynn has made only one score under 21 across the competition and we recommend backing him to hit over 27.5 runs in this clash.
STA vs STR Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Any late afternoon cloud will be burnt off by a powerful sun at the start of this game. Expect the temperature to be at 25 degrees for the first ball and no rain is forecast across the match.
A par score on this wicket will be between 170-180. There will be slow turn for the spinners and the pace bowlers will be the biggest threat on this pitch.
All three BBL fixtures at the MCG have seen the toss winning captain choose to field first. We predict both skippers to do the same if they win the toss ahead of this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, L, W, L
W, W, L, L, L
STA vs STR TEAM NEWS:
STA Team News:
Marcus Stoinis, who missed the last match against Hobart Hurricanes, will still be absent for this clash with a hamstring injury. His loss is all the bigger for the Stars due to him hitting 74 runs from 35 balls and taking the Player of the Match award when the teams last played. Trent Boult has left the Stars for the ILT20.
STR Team News:
We expect spinner Cameron Boyce to be left out on a pace friendly pitch with Henry Thornton coming back into the team. Alex Carey and Travis Head, who are now available after the Test series against South Africa, will be selected for Saturday’s match but not this clash with Melbourne Stars.
STA vs STR Pre-Toss LineUps:
STA vs STR Team Updates:
STA Team Updates
- Tom Fraser Rogers and Joe Clarke will probably open the inning.
- Hilton Cartwright will bat at the one-down position.
- Beau Webster and Nick Larkin will handle the middle-order batting.
- Beau Webster is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Adam Zampa will lead the Melbourne Stars as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Joe Clarke will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Stars.
- Adam Zampa and Clint Hinchliffe will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Luke Wood and Nathan Coulter-Nile will lead the pace attack of his team.
STR Team Updates
- Matthew Short and Ryan Gibson will probably open the inning.
- Matthew Short is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Chris Lynn will bat at the one-down position.
- Adam Hose and Colin de Grandhomme will handle the middle-order batting.
- Matthew Short will lead the Adelaide Strikers as a Captain. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Harry Nielsen will do the Wicket Keeping for Adelaide Strikers.
- Matthew Short will take care of the spin bowling of the team. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Wes Agar and Harry Conway will lead the pace attack of his team.
Although the Stars won the clash between the teams on New Year’s Eve, that was in the middle of Adelaide Strikers’ poor run of form. Since then, the Strikers batters have gone up a level and Melbourne Stars have failed to win another game. We are predicting another victory for Adelaide Strikers in this match.
Adelaide Strikers are favorites to beat Melbourne Stars
STA Key Players:
Joe Clarke –
The 26 year old English keeper-batter has scored only 16 runs from his last three innings, a run which has coincided with successive defeats. His wicket-keeping has been very good across the tournament.
Hilton Cartwright –
the former Australia international is in good form and has scored over 200 runs in BBL12. 113 of those runs have come in the last three games with 57 against Hobart Hurricanes.
Luke Wood –
The left-arm quick bowler added another wicket to his BBL tally in Match 35. He has taken 11 wickets from four games in Melbourne and will be raring to go again in this match.
STR Key Players:
Matthew Short –
The opener is having a brilliant BBL campaign and is averaging 44.87 with the bat. He has also taken three wickets from his last two matches with the ball.
Chris Lynn –
The former Brisbane Heat batter is the leading run scorer in the tournament. He has hit three half-centuries and is averaging 49.12.
Wes Agar –
The fast bowler took his 12th and 13th wickets of BBL12 in Tuesday’s win. He has been a very consistent wicket-taker and brings a strike-rate of 11.00 into this match.
STA vs STR Team Forms:
STA Team Form:
The Stars have lost seven of their nine fixtures so far in this campaign and are hoping to end a run of three defeats in a row in this match.
STR Team Form:
The Strikers have won their last two games by seven wickets and 20 runs. A win in this match will see them challenging for the top spot in the BBL 2022-23.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Melbourne Stars (STA):
Tom Fraser Rogers, Joe Clarke(WK), Hilton Cartwright, Beau Webster, Nick Larkin, James Seymour, Clint Hinchliffe, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Luke Wood, Liam Hatcher, Adam Zampa(C), Sam Elliot, Brody Couch, Cameron McClure, Pavel Florin, Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis, Campbell Kellaway, Tom OConnell, Trent Boult
Matthew Short(C), Ryan Gibson, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Colin de Grandhomme, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen(WK), Ben Manenti, Cameron Boyce, Wes Agar, Harry Conway, Jordan Buckingham, Henry Hunt, Jake Weatherald, Travis Head, Alex Carey(WK), Peter Siddle, Henry Thornton