Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Renegades
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 10 Jan, 02:10 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Adelaide Oval – Adelaide, Australia
STR vs REN Dream11 Prediction:
- Chris Lynn is the leading run scorer in the tournament with 324 and he is our pick for Adeladie Strikers’ highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Henry Thornton picked up eight wickets from his first three BBL games at home this season and he is well worth backing as Adelaide Strikers’ top wicket taker against Melbourne Renegades.
- Aaron Finch has scored 242 runs in this campaign and the Australia IT20 skipper is our tip for Melbourne Renegades’ highest run scorer against Adelaide Strikers. Tom Rogers has taken seven wickets from his last two matches, is the leading wicket taker in this BBL and is a strong choice for Melbourne Renegades’ top wicket taker in this game.
- Based on his current form, we recommend backing Chris Lynn to score over 24.5 runs in this clash.
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Sunny with slightly more cloud cover arriving in the final part of the game. It will be warm with the temperature in the 20s throughout the match.
This season, this pitch has seen the lowest BBL score (15 by Sydney Thunder), and the highest BBL chase (230 by Adelaide Strikers). It is an excellent batting surface with good pace and bounce for the quick bowlers.
After winning the last game at this venue after choosing to field first, we predict that Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Renegades will both want to field first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, L, L, L, L
W, W, L, L, L
STR vs REN TEAM NEWS:
STR Team News:
There will be changes in the Adelaide Strikers line-up for this game as Afghan leg-spinner Rashid Khan has finished his spell and joined up with MI Cape Town in the SA20 league. We also expect skipper Peter Siddle to return from injury and Travis Head and Alex Carey to come straight into the side after the Test series against South Africa.
REN Team News:
After missing the previous games of the tournament due to being in the Australia squad for the Test series, Marcus Harris got his first appearance in the win over Hobart Hurricanes. There are no new injuries but spinners Akeal Hosein and Mujeeb Ur Rahman have departed for the ILT20 in UAE.
STR vs REN Pre-Toss LineUps:
STR vs REN Team Updates:
STR Team Updates
- Matthew Short and Ryan Gibson will probably open the inning.
- Matthew Short is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Chris Lynn will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Adam Hose and Colin de Grandhomme will handle the middle-order batting.
- Matthew Short will lead the Adelaide Strikers as a Captain.
- Harry Nielsen will do the Wicket Keeping for Adelaide Strikers.
- Matthew Short will take care of the spin bowling of the team. /li>
- Henry Thornton and Wes Agar will lead the pace attack of his team.
REN Team Updates
- Marcus Harris and Martin Guptill will probably open the inning.
- Sam Harper was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Aaron Finch and Jonathan Wells will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aaron Finch will lead the Melbourne Renegades as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Sam Harper will do the Wicket-Keeping for Melbourne Renegades.
- Akeal Hosein and Mujeeb-ur-Rahman will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Tom Stewart Rogers and Kane Richardson will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Tom Stewart Rogers is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
We expect to see two well-matched sides produce plenty of runs in this game at the Adelaide Oval. The Strikers will have the Renegades in their sights in the table and come into this match knowing that a win will see them leapfrog over their opponents. Adelaide Strikers have the stronger-looking batting line-up and we are backing them to get another victory in this fixture.
Adelaide Strikers are favorites to beat Melbourne Renegades
STR Key Players:
Matthew Short –
the opener enjoyed the last two fixtures against Hobart Hurricanes, scoring 100 not out and 38. He had hit only 25 runs from his previous three innings and will be full of confidence ahead of this match.
Chris Lynn –
the top order batter began the tournament with consistent scores but has really come to life in the last two games with scores of 87 and 64.
Henry Thornton –
the pace bowler returned to the team in the last game after being rested and went wicketless for the first time in the tournament. He has an excellent record at the Adelaide Oval and will be very dangerous to face.
REN Key Players:
Martin Guptill –
the experienced New Zealander has hit scores of 32 and 36 at the top of the order in the last two matches. He will be looking forward to playing his shots on this batter-friendly wicket.
Aaron Finch –
the stand-in captain remains the highest run scorer of the tournament for the Renegades. He is another who will relish coming to the crease in this game.
Tom Rogers –
the bowling all-rounder is having a fantastic BBL 2022-23 season with 17 wickets at a strike-rate of 11.65. He has 37 wickets across the last two BBLs.
STR vs REN Team Forms:
STR Team Form:
The Strikers ended their four match losing streak with a much needed seven wicket victory over Hobart Hurricanes in Match 30.
REN Team Form:
After losing four consecutive games from Match 14 to Match 24, the Renegades are now looking for their third straight victory.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Adelaide Strikers (STR):
Matthew Short(C), Ryan Gibson, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Colin de Grandhomme, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen(WK), Cameron Boyce, Wes Agar, Harry Conway, Henry Thornton, Jordan Buckingham, Henry Hunt, Jake Weatherald, Travis Head, Alex Carey(WK), Rashid-Khan, Ben Manenti, Peter Siddle
Melbourne Renegades (REN):
Marcus Harris, Martin Guptill, Sam Harper(WK), Aaron Finch(C), Jonathan Wells, Mackenzie Harvey, Will Sutherland, Akeal Hosein, Tom Stewart Rogers, Kane Richardson, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Fawad Ahmed, Corey Rocchiccioli, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Peter Handscomb(WK), Ruwantha Kellapotha, Shaun Marsh, Zak Evans, Jack Prestwidge, David Moody