Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Sixers
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 14 Dec, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Adelaide Oval – Adelaide, Australia
STR vs SIX Dream11 Prediction:
- BBL all time leading run scorer Chris Lynn has signed for Adelaide Strikers and the experienced opener is our pick for their highest run scorer against Sydney Sixers. Rashid Khan has taken 44 wickets from 29 BBL games at the Adelaide Oval and he is well worth backing as Adelaide Strikers’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Josh Phillipe has scored over 400 runs in each of the last three seasons including 508 in the 2020-21 campaign. The keeper-batter is our tip for Sydney Sixers’ highest run scorer against Adelaide Strikers. With the ball, Hayden Kerr took 25 wickets last season and the left-arm pacer is a strong choice for Sydney Sixers’ top wicket taker in this game.
- James Vince has been in strong white ball form over recent months and we recommend backing him to hit over 28.5 runs in this fixture.
STR vs SIX Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Cloudy with humidity levels rising as the game progresses in Adelaide. The temperature will be no higher than 17 degrees at the start and will drop to 14 degrees by the end of the match.
The average first innings score at the Adelaide Oval in BBL games in 2021 was 175 and we expect any score above that to be very competitive on a pitch which will seam and turn.
57.4% of BBL games have been won by the team batting first at this venue and we predict that both skippers will choose to bat first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, W, W, W, W
L, W, L, L, W
STR vs SIX TEAM NEWS:
STR Team News:
Due to international commitments, captain Travis Head will be unavailable for this game and experienced bowler Peter Siddle is likely to lead the team. Alex Carey is also unavailable but we expect debuts for Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Jordan Buckingham and Colin de Grandhomme.
SIX Team News:
Moises Henriques will again be captain of Sydney Sixers and they will be targeting their fourth successive BBL final appearance. Although they could not make it three wins in a row last year, they will be confident of challenging again with a fully fit and talented squad for this game of BBL 2022.
STR vs SIX Pre-Toss LineUps:
STR vs SIX Team Updates:
STR Team Updates
- Chris Lynn and Jake Weatherald will probably open the inning.
- Matthew Short will bat at the one-down position.
- Adam Hose and Thomas Kelly will handle the middle-order batting.
- Peter Siddle will lead the Adelaide Strikers as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler.
- Harry Nielsen will do the Wicket Keeping for Adelaide Strikers.
- Rashid-Khan and Matthew Short will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Wes Agar and Peter Siddle will lead the pace attack of his team.
SIX Team Updates
- Kurtis Patterson and Josh Philippe will probably open the inning.
- James Vince will bat at the one-down position.
- Daniel Hughes and Moises Henriques will handle the middle-order batting.
- Moises Henriques will lead the Sydney Sixers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Philippe will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Sixers.
- Steve OKeefe will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Ben Dwarshuis will lead the pace attack of his team.
These two teams produced a brilliant contest which went down to the last ball in the play-offs last year and Adelaide Strikers will be looking for revenge in this fixture. We expect both teams to put in strong performances and a key battle will be between Josh Philippe and Peter Siddle at the start of the Sydney Sixers innings. Overall, we are backing Sydney Sixers’ batters and we predict that they will win this match.
Sydney Sixers are favorites to beat Adelaide Strikers
STR Key Players:
Chris Lynn –
after a disappointing 2021-22 WBBL, Lynn will be hoping that a change of franchise will reap rewards for him. He is the only player to have scored over 3000 BBL runs.
Peter Siddle –
the former Australian international was unstoppable with the ball last season. He finished as the tournament leading wicket taker after picking up 30 dismissals.
Rashid Khan –
the Afghan leg-spinner has an excellent record at all BBL grounds but particularly at the Adelaide Oval. He is eight dismissals away from bringing up 100 in this tournament.
SIX Key Players:
Josh Philippe –
the 25 year old keeper-batter made 13 international appearances in 2021 and is predicted to become an Australia regular over the coming years. He has a fantastic BBL record over the last few seasons.
James Vince –
the stylish English batter has performed brilliantly in the BBL, T20 Blast and The Hundred. He had a bit of a poor return last year in the BBL and will be keen to get off to a good start in this game.
Hayden Kerr –
the left-arm pace bowler produced some brilliant performances with both bat and ball in last year’s BBL. He hit 98 not-out in the Sixers win over the Strikers in the Challenger.
STR vs SIX Team Forms:
STR Team Form:
Adelaide Strikers had a fantastic end to the group stage last season and won seven of their last nine games.
SIX Team Form:
Sydney Sixers had a poor set of results at the end of last year but they were struggling with many injuries and illnesses at the time.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Adelaide Strikers (STR):
Chris Lynn, Jake Weatherald, Matthew Short, Adam Hose, Thomas Kelly, Colin de Grandhomme, Harry Nielsen(WK), Rashid-Khan, Peter Siddle(C), Wes Agar, Harry Conway, Cameron Boyce, Henry Hunt, Alex Carey(WK), Travis Head, Ben Manenti, Ryan Gibson, Henry Thornton
Sydney Sixers (SIX):
Josh Philippe(WK), James Vince, Daniel Hughes, Moises Henriques(C), Jordan Silk, Daniel Christian, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Ben Dwarshuis, Chris Jordan, Steve OKeefe, Nathan Lyon, Jackson Bird, Kurtis Patterson, Izharullahq Naveed, Jack Edwards, Mickey Edwards, Todd Murphy