BIG BASH LEAGUE Match-36 Prediction
Match: STR vs STA Fantasy Team Prediction
Time: 11 January, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series:: Big Bash League 2020-21
Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide, Australia.
Head to Head Stats
STA Won 05
No Result 00
- Melbourne Stars have more quality in their batting department but most of their players have been very inconsistent.
- Strikers have a decent bowling attack that’ll make it very difficult for the struggling Stars batting.
- Both teams are in poor form but Strikers look a much more balanced unit than Melbourne Stars.
1 Phil Salt,
2. Jake Weatherald.
3. Matt Renshaw,
4. Alex Carey (c, wk),
5. Jonathan Wells,
6. Ryan Gibson,
7. Danny Briggs,
8. Rashid Khan,
9. Harry Nielsen,
10. Harry Conway,
11. Wes Agar.
Matches Played: 05
STR WON: 04
STA WON: 01
Top Run Scorer in Last 5 Matches:
Top Wicket Taker in Last 5 Matches:
+ Ground and Pitch info about
Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Average Score: 172
– Rashid Khan will play his last game today and leave for his National duties.
– Philip Salt will open the innings along with Matt Renshaw. Salt has always been a hit miss candidate but is playing some good Cricket recently. Renshaw scored back to back 30+ scores opening the innings.
– Captain Alex Carey will bat 1 down. Carey will also keep the Wickets. He scored 42 last game against the Renegades.
– Jono Wells will bat next at 2 down. Wells was among the top 5 scorers last season and will be an important pick in case of top order failure. He scored 66 last 2nd game.
– Weatherald will bat at 3 down. Weatherald who generally opens is Batting low from last 3 games and this move gave position results so team will look forward to play him at the same position.
– Rashid Khan and Danny Briggs will lead the spin department. Briggs is highest Wicket taker in English domestic Cricket. Rashid picked 2 Wickets last game.
– Wes Agar, Peter Siddle and Harry Conway will be leading the pace attack for Adelaide. Siddle and Agar both shared 3 Wickets each last 2nd game.
– The Stars have been delighted by the arrival of Pakistani Pacer Haris Rauf but Nicolas Pooran has left the squad and returned home Which is a big blow. Also, Zahir Khan has returned as replacement for Pooran.
– Andre Fletcher will open the innings for the stars along with Marcus Stoinis. Stoinis smashed 97 runs last 2nd game amd remained not out , he is still not bowling.
– Nick Larkin or Seb Gotch will bat at 1 down. Larkin had a brilliant last year with 2 50+ scores in 4 games but haven’t got much chance to play this season.
– Glenn Maxwell will bat at 2 down followed by Nic Maddinson. Maxwell is also bowling good number of overs. Maxi smashed 37 ball 70 runs against the sixers.
– Hilton Cartwright will bat next. Cartwright has been brilliant so far contributing with both bat and bowl but haven’t converted his scores into a big one.
– Adam Zampa, Zahir Khan and Glenn Maxwell will lead the spin attack for the Stars.
– Billy Stanlake, Haris Rauf, Sam Rainbird will handle the pace attack. Coulter Nile is not available for almost a month.
Wicket Keeper :
(1 down, 3rd highest scorer for team with 1200+ runs, 42 runs last game played)
(3/4 down, hard hitter, 300 runs in PSL at SR of 167, can drop as will bat low in SL )
(Middle order, 325 runs for the stars in BBL )
(2/3 down, LHB, 407 runs ata a SR of 135 last season, highest scorer for Adelaide in BBL, 51 in last 2nd game)
(2/3 down, very aggressive batsman + very consistent, 478 runs at an average of 69 last season, 68 last 2nd game)
(Open + wk, hard hitter of the ball, 34,20 against NZ in t20 series, 15 last game, poor form)
(Middle order, young talent, 297 runs in 11 games last season, risky but best GL pick this game)
(3 down, brilliant form with both bat and bowl, decent this tournament so far)
(Opener, best striker in Adelaide team, SR of 164 in last BBL with 361 runs, 59 last game, hit miss)
(Lower middle order, can also bowl, 400 runs in last 2 BBL for the Strikers , decent option to have, he got substituted in most games )
(Open, bowling is still not confirmed, 705 runs last BBL, 97 last 2nd game, Must have)
(1/2 down + off spin, 167 runs at a SR of 194 against India recently, 46(26b), 39(29b), 71*, 23,70 + 1w, 0 last 6 of 7 game, Must have )
(Open + off spin, very talented cricketer, 348 runs + 4 Wickets in 14 games last BBL, failed in many games still Must have, 35, 30 last 2 games )
(Leggie, best spinner in world Cricket, 14 Wickets this BBL so far, Must have )
(Right Arm fast, very experienced, 19 Wickets last BBL, 3w last 2nd game, 13w this BBL, Must have)
(Slow left arm, all time leading Wicket taker in English domestic Cricket, 35(18b) 1st game, 1 Wickets last game)
(Pacer, got extreme pace, highest wicket taker for the stars last season, very expensive last game, Must have )
(Leggie, best bowler of team, no into needed, 2w last game)
Billy Stanlake( Tall Right arm pacer, poor last BBL with just 4 Wickets, decent bbl with 8 Wickets )
(Left arm orthodox, decent last season with 8 Wickets, credit saver this game if plays)
(Pacer, excellent this tournament with 10 Wickets in 7 games, Must have if plays , will also save credits )
(Medium pacer, 26 t20 Wickets with 10 in BBL2019, 4 Wickets in practice game, 62 runs + 1w, wicketless and expensive from last 2 games )
(Right Arm Fast, hit the deck bowler, economy very high close to 10 but Wicket taking option, 15 Wicket this BBL )
Watch Final Team Section for Our GL & SL Final Team
Toss: Melbourne Stars have won the toss and have opted to bat