Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 31 Dec, 01:30 AM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Lavington Sports Oval – Albury, Australia
STR vs STA Dream11 Prediction:
- Matthew Short has scored 177 runs in the competition and the opener is our tip for Adelaide Strikers’ highest run scorer against Melbourne Stars. With the ball, Henry Thornton has taken 14 wickets with a strike-rate of 7.6 in this campaign and he is well worth backing as Adelaide Strikers’ top wicket taker in this game.
- Joe Clarke is the leading run scorer in the tournament and the opener is our pick for Melbourne Stars’ highest run scorer in this match. England white-ball international Luke Wood has taken 11 wickets in the competition with 10 coming in his last four games. He is a strong choice for Melbourne Stars’ top wicket taker in this clash.
- Henry Thornton has taken 6-38 across two games at the Adelaide Oval in this campaign. Our tip is to back him to take over 1.5 wickets in this match.
STR vs STA Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
After a sunny day in Adelaide, it will be a warm New Year’s Eve for the entirety of this game. There is no danger of rain interrupting the game at any point.
It is a good cricket wicket at the Adelaide Oval which will see the ball come onto the bat at a good pace but will also deliver turn and movement off the wicket. A par score will be around 170.
The team batting first at the Adelaide Oval have won 57.1% of BBL matches and it would be a big surprise if either skipper won the toss and chose to field first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, W, W, W
L, L, L, W, L
STR vs STA TEAM NEWS:
STR Team News:
An abdominal strain for opener Jake Weatherald kept him out of the Boxing Day clash against Perth Scorchers with his replacement, Henry Hunt, making a golden duck in his first BBL appearance of the season. We expect Weatherald to return for this match.
STA Team News:
Australian internationals, Marcus Stoinis and Nathan Coulter-Nile, both returned to the Melbourne Stars XI for Thursday’s defeat against Perth Scorchers. They both make the team stronger and we do not expect any changes to the team ahead of this match.
STR vs STA Pre-Toss LineUps:
STR vs STA Team Updates:
STR Team Updates
- Matthew Short and Henry Hunt will probably open the inning.
- Chris Lynn will bat at the one-down position. .
- Adam Hose and Colin de Grandhomme will handle the middle-order batting.
- Peter Siddle will lead the Adelaide Strikers as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Harry Nielsen will do the Wicket Keeping for Adelaide Strikers.
- Matthew Short and Rashid-Khan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Henry Thornton and Peter Siddle will lead the pace attack of his team.
STA Team Updates
- Tom Fraser Rogers and Joe Clarke will probably open the inning.
- Beau Webster will bat at the one-down position.
- Nick Larkin and Marcus Stoinis will handle the middle-order batting.
- Adam Zampa will lead the Melbourne Stars as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Joe Clarke will do the Wicket Keeping for Melbourne Stars.
- Adam Zampa will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Luke Wood and Nathan Coulter-Nile will lead the pace attack of his team.
This should be an excellent contest to end the year with both teams desperate to put an end to losing runs. Melbourne Stars have been well beaten in all three of their last games and come up against a very skilled and confident Adelaide Strikers bowling unit. We are predicting a close match with Adelaide Strikers getting the victory.
Adelaide Strikers are favorites to beat Melbourne Stars
STR Key Players:
Matthew Short –
The 27 year old opener has hit scores of 65 and 84 across the competition and has also picked up five wickets from his last two matches.
Chris Lynn –
The vastly experienced top order batter has scored quick runs at number three in every match and will be backing himself to do so again in this game.
Henry Thornton –
No bowler has taken more wickets than the 26 year old in BBL 2022-23 so far. He took another two wickets in the last fixture.
STA Key Players:
Joe Clarke –
The 26 year old keeper-batter has scored 68 runs from his last three innings after hitting a century on December 16. He continues to score consistent runs and hit three boundaries in the last game.
Marcus Stoinis –
The batting all-rounder has been very disappointing with the bat so far in the tournament, scoring 14 runs from four matches. However, he has a strike-rate of 147.33 in IT20s and could well come good in this game.
Luke Wood –
The left-arm pace bowler got the big wickets of Faf du Plessis and Ashton Turner against Perth Scorchers. Only Jhye Richardson and Henry Thornton have taken more wickets than him in this campaign.
STR vs STA Team Forms:
STR Team Form:
The Strikers had an excellent start to the 2022-23 BBL and still had a 100% record before Match 13 but are now looking to avoid their third successive defeat.
STA Team Form:
The Stars come into this clash after losing three matches in a row and with only one victory on the board so far in this campaign.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Adelaide Strikers (STR):
Matthew Short, Henry Hunt, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Colin de Grandhomme, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen(WK), Rashid-Khan, Ben Manenti, Henry Thornton, Peter Siddle(C), Cameron Boyce, Jordan Buckingham, Jake Weatherald, Alex Carey(WK), Travis Head, Ryan Gibson, Wes Agar, Harry Conway
Melbourne Stars (STA):
Tom Fraser Rogers, Joe Clarke(WK), Beau Webster, Nick Larkin, Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Campbell Kellaway, Luke Wood, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa(C), Trent Boult, Sam Elliot, Brody Couch, Cameron McClure, Pavel Florin, James Seymour, Glenn Maxwell, Clint Hinchliffe, Tom OConnell, Liam Hatcher