Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 20 Dec, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Adelaide Oval – Adelaide, Australia
STR vs THU Dream11 Prediction:
- With the third highest score in the tournament coming at this venue last week, we are backing Matthew Short to top score for Adelaide Strikers in this match. Spinner Rashid Khan has an excellent record at the Adelaide Oval and took 3-21 here against Sydney Sixers. He is our pick for Adelaide Strikers’ top wicket taker against Sydney Thunder.
- Rilee Rossouw hit 53 runs from 38 balls on Sunday and the number three batter is a strong choice for Sydney Thunder’s highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Daniel Sams took 3-33 in the last match and is in strong form. He is our tip for Sydney Thunder’s top wicket taker against Adelaide Strikers.
- Rashid Khan has a fine BBL record on this pitch and we recommend backing him to take 2+ wickets in this game.
STR vs THU Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Although there will have been some rain earlier in the day, we expect cloud cover but not weather-interruptions during this match in Adelaide.
It is a good batting wicket with a score over 170 required in the first innings to be competitive. There is good pace and some turn in this pitch.
Seven of 12 BBL games at the Adelaide Oval have been won by the team batting first and we predict that both skippers will want to bat first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, L, W, W
L, L, W, L, W
STR vs THU TEAM NEWS:
STR Team News:
It will be a very big surprise if Adelaide Strikers choose to make any changes from the team who thrashed Sydney Thunder only a few days ago. There are no injuries in the squad and the side returns to their home ground full of confidence after an excellent start to the campaign.
THU Team News:
After their nightmare innings against Adelaide Strikers on Friday, Sydney Thunder won the toss and chose to bat first against Melbourne Renegades. It was a much stronger display against the Renegades and we expect the team management to show confidence in the players and to select an unchanged X.
STR vs THU Pre-Toss LineUps:
STR Team Updates
- Matthew Short and Jake Weatherald will probably open the inning.
- Chris Lynn will bat at the one-down position.
- Adam Hose and Colin de Grandhomme will handle the middle-order batting.
- Peter Siddle will lead the Adelaide Strikers as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Harry Nielsen will do the Wicket Keeping for Adelaide Strikers.
- Matthew Short and Rashid-Khan will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Henry Thornton and Wes Agar will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Henry Thornton is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
THU Team Updates
- Alex Hales and Matthew Gilkes will probably open the inning.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position.
- Jason Sangha and Alex Ross will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jason Sangha will lead the Sydney Thunder as a Captain. He is also a good Alrounder
- Matthew Gilkes will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Thunder.
- Chris Green will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Gurinder Sandhu and FazalHaq Farooqi will lead the pace attack of his team.
Sydney Thunder had to show their faces again in the competition only two days after their crushing defeat to Adelaide Strikers but they will go head to head with the Strikers once more on Tuesday. We fully expect Sydney Thunder to be competitive in this game but getting a win will be a tough ask. Adelaide Strikers have an incredible bowling attack and we are predicting another Strikers win in this match.
Adelaide Strikers are favorites to beat Sydney Thunder
STR Key Players:
Matthew Short –
The right-handed opener made only nine against Thunder on Friday but will relish the chance to return to the Adelaide Oval where he hit 84 runs from 53 balls last Wednesday.
Colin de Grandhomme –
The 36 year old all-rounder is yet to take a wicket but has already contributed with the bat. He hit 33 from 24 balls in the previous meeting and will be looking forward to taking on the same bowlers.
Rashid Khan –
The leg-spinner didn’t get a chance to bowl when Thunder were bowled out inside six overs. However, he has already picked up three wickets at the Adelaide Oval in the 2022 BBL.
THU Key Players:
Rilee Rossouw –
The South African international got his season up and running with three fours and four sixes on Sunday. We expect him to deliver another strong score in this match.
Alex Hales –
The tall Engliand opener has made two scores of 16 alongside a two-ball duck against Adelaide Strikers. He made 86 not out from 47 balls against India in the T20 World Cup semi-final the last time he played at this venue.
Daniel Sams –
Tt has been a fine start to the season from an individual perspective for the experienced left-arm pace bowler. He dismissed Adam Hose and Thomas Kelly in the previous game against the Strikers.
STR vs THU Team Forms:
STR Team Form:
Adelaide Strikers have had a great start to this campaign with wins by margins of 51 runs and 124 runs so far.
THU Team Form:
Although Sydney Thunder got off to a winning start in the tournament, they have since lost two games in three days.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Adelaide Strikers (STR):
Matthew Short, Jake Weatherald, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Colin de Grandhomme, Thomas Kelly, Harry Nielsen(WK), Rashid-Khan, Peter Siddle(C), Wes Agar, Henry Thornton, Cameron Boyce, Jordan Buckingham, Henry Hunt, Alex Carey(WK), Travis Head, Ben Manenti, Ryan Gibson, Harry Conway
Sydney Thunder (THU):
Alex Hales, Matthew Gilkes(WK), Rilee Rossouw, Jason Sangha(C), Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Oliver Davies, Chris Green, Gurinder Sandhu, FazalHaq Farooqi, Brendan Doggett, Blake Nikitaras, Sam Whiteman(WK), Usman Qadir, Baxter Holt(WK), Toby Gray, David Warner, Ben Cutting, Nathan McAndrew, Tanveer Sangha