Sydney Thunder vs Brisbane Heat
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 27 Dec, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Sydney Showground Stadium – Sydney, Australia
THU vs HEA Dream11 Prediction:
- Alex Hales scored 68 runs from 50 balls in the loss to Adelaide Strikers and the T20 World Cup Winner is well worth backing as Sydney Thunder’s highest run scorer against Brisbane Heat. Gurinder Sandhu has picked up seven wickets already in the tournament and he is our pick for Adelaide Strikers’ top wicket taker in this game.
- Colin Munro has been one of the top batters in plenty of T20 competitions over recent years and the opener is our tip for Brisbane Heat’s highest run scorer against Sydney Thunder. With the ball, Mark Stekette took 4-34 in the win over the Strikers and he is a strong choice for Brisbane Heat’s top wicket taker in this match.
- When Alex Hales gets going at this level, he is very hard to stop. We recommend backing him to hit over 22.5 runs.
THU vs HEA Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Sunny with no cloud cover even before night sets in during the final overs of this match. The temperature will be in the 20s from start to finish.
Although the last game at this venue saw Sydney Thunder dismissed for 15, a par score on this pitch is around 155-160. Pace bowlers will be the most dangerous on this wicket.
The teams batting first have a marginal lead over the teams fielding first at this venue. With high humidity expected in the second innings we expect both skippers to want to field first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, L, W, L
W, L, L, L, L
THU vs HEA TEAM NEWS:
THU Team News:
Afghanistan’s Fazalhaq Farooqi, who took five wickets from his opening two matches of this BBL, has been sent home and sacked from the tournament due to an off-the-field incident. We expect Jason Sangha to come back into this team to replace Farooqi.
HEA Team News:
After waiting three games to pick up their first victory of the campaign, it would be a big surprise if Brisbane Heat chose to make any changes to their XI ahead of this match. Marnus Labuschagne and Usman Khawaja are both away on international duty.
THU vs HEA Pre-Toss LineUps:
THU vs HEA Team Updates:
THU Team Updates
- Alex Hales and Matthew Gilkes will probably open the inning.
- Alex Hales was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position.
- Oliver Davies and Alex Ross will handle the middle-order batting.
- Matthew Gilkes will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Thunder.
- Chris Green will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Gurinder Sandhu and FazalHaq Farooqi will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Gurinder Sandhu is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
HEA Team Updates
- Colin Munro and Max Bryant will probably open the inning.
- Matt Renshaw will bat at the one-down position.
- Sam Billings and Jimmy Peirson will handle the middle-order batting.
- Jimmy Peirson will lead the Brisbane Heat as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Jimmy Peirson will do the Wicket Keeping for Brisbane Heat.
- Matthew Kuhnemann and Mitchell Swepson will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mark Steketee and Micheal Neser will lead the pace attack of his team.
At the time of writing, Sydney Thunder and Brisbane Heat are two of four teams at the bottom of the table with two points on the board so far. In fact, due to their 15 all out at this ground, it is Thunder who have the worst Net-Run-Rate in the competition and are in eighth place. However, Thunder’s batting has improved a great deal since their last appearance at this ground and we expect them to bat well here. We are predicting a close contest with Sydney Thunder getting the victory.
Sydney Thunder are favorites to beat Brisbane Heat
THU Key Players:
Alex Hales –
The tall opening batter hit his first half-century of the competition in the last game and hit nine boundaries in that innings.
Oliver Davies –
The young top order batter has a strike-rate of 144.97 in this format and impressed with 42 runs from 30 balls in the last game.
Gurinder Sandhu –
The 29 year old right-arm fast medium bowler is yet to go wicketless in the 2022-23 BBL. He has picked up 68 dismissals from 65 BBL games.
HEA Key Players:
Colin Munro –
The former Perth Scorchers batter has made single figure scores in both of his last two innings. Heat need him to make consistent scores to aid them in their quest to climb the table.
Sam Billings –
The English Test batter top scored and took the Player of the Match Award in the victory over the Strikers. He hit 79 runs from 48 balls.
Mark Steketee –
The 28 year old fast medium bowler has taken seven wickets from three games so far in BBL 2022 and returned his best ever figure in the tournament in the win over Adelaide Strikers.
THU vs HEA Team Forms:
THU Team Form:
Sydney Thunder have lost three successive games and have only won two of their last eight BBL fixtures.
HEA Team Form:
Heat were in desperate need of the win over Adelaide Strikers after eight successive defeats covering the start of this campaign and a large part of the 2021-22 competition.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Sydney Thunder (THU):
Alex Hales, Matthew Gilkes(WK), Rilee Rossouw, Oliver Davies, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Nathan McAndrew, Chris Green, Gurinder Sandhu, Brendan Doggett, FazalHaq Farooqi, Blake Nikitaras, Sam Whiteman(WK), Usman Qadir, Baxter Holt(WK), Toby Gray, Jason Sangha(C), David Warner, Ben Cutting, Tanveer Sangha
Brisbane Heat (HEA):
Colin Munro, Max Bryant, Matt Renshaw, Sam Billings(WK), Jimmy Peirson(WK)(C), Ross Whiteley, Michael Neser, James Bazley, Mark Steketee, Matthew Kuhnemann, Mitchell Swepson, Sam Hain, Usman Khawaja, Spencer Johnson, Sam Heazlett, Marnus Labuschagne, Xavier Bartlett, Josh Brown-I, Nathan McSweeney, Jack Wildermuth, Will Prestwidge