Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 19 Jan, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Manuka Oval, Canberra, Australia
THU vs REN Dream11 Prediction:
- Oliver Davies has hit scores of 45, 52, 58 and 65 from his last five innings and the young batter is well worth backing as Sydney Thunder’s highest run scorer against Melbourne Renegades. Daniel Sams took 4-18 from four overs against Hobart Hurricanes but still ended on the losing side. He is our tip for Thunder’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Sam Harper is targeting his fourth successive BBL half-century in this fixture and he is a strong choice for Melbourne Renegades’ highest run scorer in Canberra. With the ball, Kane Richardson took 2-17 from his four overs in the last match and he is our pick for Melbourne Renegades’ top wicket taker against Sydney Thunder.
- With consistent returns in the second half of BBL12, we recommend backing Oliver Davies to hit over 31.5 runs in this clash.
THU vs REN Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The temperature will be lower in Canberra than most of the previous BBL games with a high expected of around 16 degrees. Cloudy conditions are forecast.
A par score on this pitch will be between 150-170. There will be pace, turn and some assistance off the pitch for the seam bowlers.
59.1% of T20 games at the Manuka Oval have been won by the team batting second and we expect both teams to choose to field first if they win the toss ahead of this match.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, L, W, W
W, L, W, W, L
THU vs REN TEAM NEWS:
THU Team News:
There are no players returning from injury to come and help Sydney Thunder out of their current poor run of form. With the exception of Daniel Sams, the whole team underperformed against Hobart Hurricanes and they particularly need more from their batters in this clash.
REN Team News:
The experienced Pakistan spinner Fawad Ahmed felt a slight problem in his knee during the last game but is expected to be available to play in this fixture after some treatment. After winning the Melbourne derby in their last match, we expect the Renegades to be unchanged for this clash.THU vs REN Pre-Toss LineUps:
THU vs REN Team Updates
THU Team Updates
- David Warner and Matthew Gilkes will probably open the inning.
- Sam Whiteman will bat at the one-down position.
- Oliver Davies and Alex Ross will handle the middle-order batting.
- Chris Green will lead the Sydney Thunder as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Sam Whiteman will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Thunder.
- Chris Green will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Nathan McAndrew and Brendan Doggett will lead the pace attack of his team.
REN Team Updates
- Jake Fraser-McGurk and Martin Guptill will probably open the inning.
- Sam Harper will bat at the one-down position.
- Sam Harper was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Aaron Finch and Jonathan Wells will handle the middle-order batting.
- Aaron Finch will lead the Melbourne Renegades as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Sam Harper will do the Wicket-Keeping for Melbourne Renegades. He was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Tom Stewart Rogers and Kane Richardson will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Tom Stewart Rogers is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
With three group stage games remaining for both teams, they will both be aware that there are only three points separating the teams from seventh to third. With the top five going through to the play-offs, there are going to be some disappointed teams. As a result, this game is very important for both sides. Expect the experienced players to step up in this match and we are backing Sydney Thunder’s players to come through with big performances to take their team to victory.
Sydney Thunder are favorites to beat Melbourne Renegades
THU Key Players:
with scores of 19 and zero since coming back into the side after international duty, Warner has not yet hit the heights expected of a player of his stature.
the 22 year old has gone past 300 runs in BBL 12 and continues to impress. He hit 33 not out in the reverse fixture in Melbourne before Christmas.
the left-arm pace bowling all-rounder was in fine form against the Hurricanes. He comes into this game after dismissing Caleb Jewell, Zak Crawley, Matthew Wade and Asif Ali in the last match.
REN Key Players:
the keeper-batter has found some excellent form over recent weeks. He has hit 230 runs at a strike-rate of 157.53 across the tournament.
the pace bowler has kept up with BBL legendary bowlers like Sean Abbott and Andrew Tye at the top of the wicket takers list in this campaign. He took 2-45 in the Melbourne derby.
the experienced international took the Player of the Match award in the win over Melbourne Stars. He dismissed dangerman Joe Clarke and James Seymour.
THU vs REN Team Forms:
THU Team Form:
Sydney Thunder are hoping to avoid their fourth successive defeat in BBL 2023. Their last victory came against Perth Scorchers in Match 29.
REN Team Form:
The Renegades have had good runs and bad runs during this campaign but come into this match after winning three of their last four fixtures.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
THU vs REN SQUAD:
Sydney Thunder (THU):
David Warner, Matthew Gilkes(WK), Sam Whiteman(WK), Oliver Davies, Alex Ross, Daniel Sams, Ben Cutting, Nathan McAndrew, Chris Green(C), Brendan Doggett, Usman Qadir, Blake Nikitaras, Alex Hales, Baxter Holt(WK), Toby Gray, Ross Pawson, Jason Sangha, Joel Davies, Gurinder Sandhu, Tanveer Sangha
Melbourne Renegades (REN):
Jake Fraser-McGurk, Martin Guptill, Sam Harper(WK), Aaron Finch(C), Jonathan Wells, Matt Critchley, Will Sutherland, Ruwantha Kellapotha, Tom Stewart Rogers, Kane Richardson, Fawad Ahmed, Corey Rocchiccioli, Marcus Harris, Peter Handscomb(WK), Shaun Marsh, Mackenzie Harvey, Zak Evans, Jack Prestwidge, David Moody