Sydney Thunder vs Sydney Sixers
BBL T20 Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 08 Jan, 01:45 PM (IST)
Series: BBL T20 Match
Venue: Sydney Showground Stadium – Sydney
SCO vs HEA Dream11 Prediction:
- Alex Hales has a fine BBL record and is adding to it again this year. The English opener is our tip for Sydney Thunder’s highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Nathan McAndrew has taken eight wickets from the last three fixtures and he is well worth backing as Sydney Thunder’s top wicket taker against Sydney Sixers.
- James Vince hit 91 not out from 59 balls on Friday and the right-hander is a strong choice for Sydney Sixers’ highest run scorer against Sydney Thunder. With the ball, Sean Abbott took 3-31 against Melbourne Stars and has a good record at the Showground Stadium. He is our pick for Sixers’ top wicket taker in this fixture.
- With his current form, we recommend backing Nathan McAndrew to take over 1.5 wickets in this match.
SCO vs HEA Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Although there will be some cloud cover throughout the game, there is no risk of rain with the temperature between 20 and 18 degrees in Sydney.
Any score over 170 is normally enough to win a match at the Sydney Showground Stadium. Pace bowlers will get good carry from the surface.
18 BBL games at this venue have been won by the team batting first with 16 won by the team fielding first. With humidity likely to increase as the game progresses, we expect both teams to want to field first.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, W, W, W, L
W, N, L, W, W
SCO vs HEA TEAM NEWS:
THU Team News:
Daniel Sams missed the successful trip to Perth on Wednesday with a groin injury but is not expected to be kept out of action for too long. With Thunder looking likely to go far in the tournament, we do not anticipate the management to risk him for this game.
SIX Team News:
Spinner Steve O’Keefe was not risked for Friday’s clash with Melbourne Stars and we expect him to be given an additional few days of rest to help the repair of his hamstring injury. There are no other injury worries in the Sydney Sixers squad.
THU vs SIX Pre-Toss LineUps:
SCO vs HEA Team Updates:
THU Team Updates
- Alex Hales and Matthew Gilkes will probably open the inning.
- Rilee Rossouw will bat at the one-down position.
- Oliver Davies and Alex Ross will handle the middle-order batting.
- Oliver Davies is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Chris Green will lead the Sydney Thunder as a Captain. He is also a good Bowler
- Matthew Gilkes will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Thunder.
- Chris Green will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Nathan McAndrew and Brendan Doggett will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Nathan McAndrew was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
SIX Team Updates
- Josh Philippe and James Vince will probably open the inning.
- James Vince was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Daniel Hughes will bat at the one-down position.
- Moises Henriques and Jordan Silk will handle the middle-order batting.
- Moises Henriques will lead the Sydney Sixers as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Josh Philippe will do the Wicket Keeping for Sydney Sixers.
- Todd Murphy will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Sean Abbot and Chris Jordan will lead the pace attack of his team.
Whenever the Sydney sides go head to head, you are always guaranteed a contest full of quality and passion. This will be no different although there is the added incentive of the prize of taking the top spot in the table up for grabs. We are predicting a very close game as there is not much to choose between the teams. Sydney Sixers have the better bowling attack and we are backing them to win this game.
Sydney Sixers are favorites to beat Sydney Thunder
THU Key Players:
Alex Hales –
there are only three players who have hit more runs in the tournament so far than Alex Hales who has passed 50 on three occasions already.
Oliver Davies –
the 22 year old batter is developing an excellent reputation in this format and has hit half-centuries in each of his last two innings.
Nathan McAndrew –
the right-arm medium fast bowler has a strike-rate of 9.7 in the tournament and dismissed the dangerous Perth Scorchers skipper, Ashton Turner, in the last match.
SIX Key Players:
James Vince –
after a slow start to the campaign, James Vince has gradually scored more runs over recent games. Only Matthew Short and Chris Lynn have scored more runs than him in the tournament.
Jordan Silk –
the middle-order batter has been a reliable source of runs for Sixers, particularly when others have failed. His 15 runs from 10 balls proved to be crucial to the win against Melbourne Stars.
Sean Abbott –
the right-arm bowling all-rounder is up to 13 dismissals in the BBL 2022-23. His figures against Melbourne Stars were his best in this competition.
SCO vs HEA Team Forms:
THU Team Form:
Sydney Thunder have won all of their games in the tournament since being beaten by Adelaide Strikers in Match 9. They are targeting their fifth successive victory in this game.
SIX Team Form:
The Sixers have lost only one of their last seven games in this year’s BBL, a run which has taken them to the top position.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Sydney Thunder (THU):
Alex Hales, Matthew Gilkes(WK), Rilee Rossouw, Oliver Davies, Alex Ross, Ben Cutting, Joel Davies, Nathan McAndrew, Chris Green(C), Brendan Doggett, Usman Qadir, Sam Whiteman(WK), Blake Nikitaras, Baxter Holt(WK), Ross Pawson, Toby Gray, Jason Sangha, Daniel Sams, David Warner, Gurinder Sandhu, Tanveer Sangha
Sydney Sixers (SIX):
Josh Philippe(WK), James Vince, Daniel Hughes, Moises Henriques(C), Jordan Silk, Daniel Christian, Hayden Kerr, Sean Abbott, Chris Jordan, Izharullahq Naveed, Todd Murphy, Nathan Lyon, Josh Kann, Kurtis Patterson, Jack Edwards, Steven Smith, Ben Dwarshuis, Steve OKeefe, Jackson Bird, Mickey Edwards, Naveen-ul-Haq