Welsh Fire vs Birmingham Phoenix The Hundred Women Match Prediction
Match: WEF-W vs BPH-W Match Prediction
Time: 13 Aug, 07:00 PM (IST)
Series: The Hundred Women Match
Venue: Sophia Gardens – Cardiff, England
WEF-W vs BPH-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Tammy Beaumont had a top score of 42 in last year’s campaign but has switched teams and is now captaining Welsh Fire Women. She is our pick for their highest run scorer in this opening game. With the ball, Nicola Carey should enjoy the pitch in Cardiff and we expect her to be Welsh Fire Women’s top wicket taker against Birmingham Phoenix Women.
- Sophie Devine averaged 44.25 in the Commonwealth Games and will be one of the top batters in this tournament. She is our tip for Birmingham Phoenix Women’s highest run scorer against Welsh Fire Women. Deepti Sharma is a consistent wicket taker and the off-spinner is a strong choice for Phoenix’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Birmingham Phoenix Women to score over 13.5 fours during the match is a bet which we recommend ahead of this clash.
WEF-W vs BPH-W Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket and BBC.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on SkyGo, the BBC iPlayer and the FanCode App.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Although the surface is usually a little two-paced and offers assistance to the bowlers, there is also a very short straight boundary at Sophia Gardens. We expect a par score to be over 150.
There will be something in the surface for all players in this match. We expect one of the top batters to make a significant score with a par team total of around 140.
The conditions will not change much at all from the first innings to the second innings of the game and we expect both captains to want to chase a target.
L, W, W, W, L
❌ ✅ ✅ ✅ ❌
WEF-W vs BPH-W Team News:
WEF-W Team News:
With Tammy Beaumont leading the side, we expect standards and results to improve for Welsh Fire Women after a distinctly forgettable 2021 campaign. The management and fans will be impressed with their recruitment and if their key players can steer clear of injuries then they could surprise some teams.
BPH-W Team News:
Any team with Sophie Devine and Ellyse Perry in it will be competitive irrespective of the format. Phoenix found a winning approach during the 2021 season and we expect that to be replicated this year with the additional world class players. There are no reported injuries in the camp ahead of this match.
WEF-W vs BPH-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
Who will win today’s match: WEF-W vs BPH-W The Hundred Women Match Fantasy Team
We are expecting an interesting match in Cardiff to kick off the competition for these two sides. Both teams have recruited well in the off-season and the standard of cricket should be an upgrade on the good quality we saw last year. We are predicting a win for Birmingham Phoenix Women.
Birmingham Phoenix Women are favourites to beat Welsh Fire Women
WEF-W Key Players:
the skipper and keeper-batter has moved from London Spirit Women to Welsh Fire Women for this campaign and is tasked with turning their on-field fortunes around.
the West Indian all-rounder is one of the most powerful women;s cricketers on the circuit. She has four international white ball centuries to her name.
the Australian right arm medium pacer did not make an appearance during the 2022 Commonwealth Games but was in excellent form in the Ireland Tri-Nation Series before.
BPH-W Key Players:
the New Zealand captain impressed during the 2022 Commonwealth Games and is a powerful player with both bat and ball.
although she is not quite operating at the same levels that we saw from 2017 – 2019, Perry remains one of the highest profile and best players in women’s cricket.
the off-spinning Indian all-rounder will offer a slow option to the pace from Issy Wong and Sophie Molineux. Sharma is a more than capable batter as well.
WEF-W vs BPH-W Team Info:
WEF-W Team Updates:
- Tammy Beaumont and Hayley Matthews will probably open the inning.
- Fran Wilson will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Rachael Haynes and Fi Morris will handle the middle-order batting.
- Tammy Beaumont will lead the Welsh Fire Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Sarah Bryce will do the Wicket Keeping for Welsh Fire Women.
- Nicola Carey and Alex Hartley will lead the pace attack of her team.
BPH-W Team Updates:
- Sophie Devine and Evelyn Jones will probably open the inning.
- Ellyse Perry will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Deepti Sharma and Amy Jones will handle the middle-order batting.
- Sophie Devine will lead the BPH-W as a Captain. She is also a good Alrounder
- Gwenan Davies will do the Wicket Keeping for BPH-W.
- Issy Wong and Kirstie Gordon will lead the pace attack of her team.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Welsh Fire Women:
Evelyn Jones, Sophie Devine, Ellyse Perry, Amy Jones(w/c), Deepti Sharma, Sophie Molineux, Georgia Elwiss, Kirstie Gordon, Abtaha Maqsood, Sterre Kalis, Gwenan Davies, Ria Fackrell, Issy Wong, Emily Arlott, Phoebe Franklin
Birmingham Phoenix Women:
Mignon du Preez, Abbey Freeborn(w), Elyse Villani, Meg Lanning, Natalie Sciver, Katherine Brunt, Alana King, Kathryn Bryce, Sarah Glenn, Bryony Smith, Marie Kelly, Sophie Munro, Georgia Davis, Ella Claridge, Alexa Stonehouse, Emma Marlow.