West Indies vs New Zealand
Legends Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 21 Sep, 07:30 PM (IST)
Series: Legends Match 13
Venue: Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium – Dehradun
WI-L vs NZ-L Dream11 Prediction:
- Dean Brownlie has looked the most comfortable of all New Zealand Legends’ batters. He is well worth backing as their highest run scorer in this match.
- Dwayne Smith is averaging 62 in the tournament so far. The opener is our pick for West Indies Legends’ highest run scorer against New Zealand Legends.
- Sulieman Benn will get plenty of turn on this pitch. The spinner is our tip for West Indies Legends’ top wicket taker in this game.
WI-L vs NZ-L Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Colors Cineplex HD, Colors Cineplex, Colors Cineplex Superhits and Sports18 Khel.
Fans can stream the match on Voot.
Weather & Pitch Report:
The temperature is expected to be around 31°C on Monday with 74% humidity and winds blowing at 14 km/hr. There are 20% chances of precipitation during the game.
The match will be played at the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, Dehradun. There will be turn on offer for the spin bowlers although pace bowlers could also have some joy on an uneven surface.
Team Form in Last Five Matches:
WI-L vs NZ-L TEAM NEWS:
WI-L Team News:
Brian Lara’s side have had an excellent start to the tournament and are currently in second place, behind only 2021 Runners-Up Sri Lanka Legends. West Indies Legends beat Bangladesh Legends by six wickets before their their game with India Legends was washed out. However, they returned to winning ways against England Legends.
NZ-L Team News:
In their first season of competing in the tournament, New Zealand Legends are currently in fifth place after recording a victory, a defeat and a no-result so far. They took a point from Monday’s game against India Legends with rain meaning only 5.5 overs were bowled.
WI-L vs NZ-L Pre-Toss LineUps:
New Zealand Legends have been impressive in their debut season of the Road Safety World Series but may well find West Indies Legends to be too strong in this clash. With Dwayne Smith making batting look very easy, we are backing West Indies Legends to win this game
West Indies Legends are favorites to beat New Zealand Legends
WI-L vs NZ-L Team Updates:
WI Team Updates
- West Indies Legends come into this game on the back of 8-wicket resounding win against England Legends.
- West Indies Legends currently sit second in the points table with five points from three games.
- Dwayne Smith and William Perkins will probably open the inning.
- Dwayne Smith is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Brian Lara will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Navin Stewart and Narsingh Deonarine will handle the middle-order batting.
- Brian Lara will lead the West Indies Legends as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- William Perkins will do the Wicket Keeping for West Indies Legends.
- Sulieman Benn will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Daren Powell and Devendra Bishoo will lead the pace attack of his team.
NZ Team Updates
- New Zealand Legends’ previous game against India got abandoned due to heavy rain. Before India, New Zealand played against Bangladesh and won by 8 wickets with 9 balls to spare.
- New Zealand legends are currently ranked fifth on the points table with three points from three games.
- Jamie How and Dean Brownlie will probably open the inning.
- Dean Brownlie is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Ross Taylor will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Aaron Redmond and Gareth Hopkins will handle the middle-order batting.
- Ross Taylor will lead the Zealand Legends as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Gareth Hopkins will do the Wicket Keeping for Zealand Legends .
- Kyle Mills and Shane Bond will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Shane Bond was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
WI-L Key Players:
Openers Dwayne Smith and William Perkins both made half-centuries against England Legends with their partnership broken only when Perkins had to retire. Smith was finally dismissed for 73 and he has now scored four successive half-centuries in the Road Safety World Series.
Sulieman Benn has taken two wickets in both of his last two matches and dismissed captain Ian Bell and Darren Maddy on Saturday. Left arm medium bowler Krishmar Santokie has combined figures of 5-45 across the tournament and he has caused problems whenever he has had the ball in hand.
NZ-L Key Players:
Dean Brownlie has top scored in both games where New Zealand Legends have batted. The 38 year old hit 48 against South Africa Legends and 31 not out against Bangladesh Legends. Skipper, Ross Taylor, made only four in the opening game but bounced back with 30 not out in the second match.
Shane Bond took the only wicket in the 5.5 overs of New Zealand Legends bowling efforts against India Legends. He took 1-17 from two overs and dismissed keeper-batter Naman Ojha. Kyle Mills has been impressive and will lead the attack in this match.
WI-L vs NZ-L Team Form:
WI-L Team Form:
- West Indies Legends have been brilliant to watch in the competition and showed they are still playing at the top of their game with an eight wicket win over England Legends.
NZ-L Team Form:
- New Zealand Legends will be pleased with their return of three points from their opening three games. They are well placed to target the top four positions and a spot in the semi-finals.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
West Indies Legends:
Dwayne Smith, William Perkins(w), Brian Lara(c), Navin Stewart, Narsingh Deonarine, Kirk Edwards, Danza Hyatt, Sulieman Benn, Devendra Bishoo, Krishmar Santokie, Daren Powell, Jerome Taylor, Dave Mohammed, Marlon Black
New Zealand Legends:
Anton Devcich, Jamie How, Dean Brownlie, Ross Taylor(c), Gareth Hopkins(w), Scott Styris, Neil Broom, Kyle Mills, Hamish Bennett, Jason Spice, James Franklin, Craig McMillan, Jacob Oram, Shane Bond, Aaron Redmond, Bruce Martin.