West Indies vs Ireland
T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 21 Oct, 09:30 AM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Match 11
Venue: Bellerive Oval – Hobart, Australia
WI vs IRE Dream11 Prediction:
- Johnson Charles top scored for West Indies against Zimbabwe with 45 runs from 36 balls on Wednesday. The opener is our tip for West Indies’ highest run scorer in this match. Alzarri Joseph became the first player to take a four-wicket haul in the tournament against Zimbabwe. He is well worth backing as West Indies’ top wicket taker against Ireland.
- Paul Stirling has been in poor form but is always capable of hitting a big score. The right hander is a strong choice for Ireland’s highest run scorer against West Indies. With the ball, Josh Little has combined figures of 4-54 across the two games so far and the left-arm bowler is our pick for Ireland’s top wicket taker in this game.
- We recommend backing Alzarri Joseph to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
WI vs IRE Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Cloudy and humid with some sunny spells. We expect rain to arrive later in the evening but not to interrupt this match.
A par score will be no higher than 165 on this surface. Generally it has been the pace and seam bowlers who have had more joy instead of the spinners.
The last two matches in Pool B have seen the toss winning captain choose to bat first. It would be no surprise if both skippers elect to bat first in this match.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
W, L, L, L, W
W, L, W, L, L
WI vs IRE TEAM NEWS:
WI Team News:
In spite of their embarrassing defeat to Scotland on Monday, West Indies made only one enforced change ahead of the game against Zimbabwe. Brandon King had to miss the game through illness with Johnson Charles taking his place in the side.
IRE Team News:
As we have seen across most of their IT20 games this year, Ireland have a very settled team and the management certainly know who their first choice XI is. There are no injuries in the squad and we expect Ireland to be unchanged for this match. The Ireland XI picks itself due to their run of successful results and they will not make changes unless there are injuries in the team. They have a very experienced and talented middle order who can cause any team problems when they are in form.
WI vs IRE Pre-Toss LineUps:
2. Kyle Mayers
3. Evin Lewis
4. N Pooran(WK)(C)
5. Shamarh Brooks
6. Rovman Powell
7. Jason Holder
8. Odean Smith
9. Akeal Hosein
10. Alzarri Joseph
11. Obed McCoy
2. Paul Stirling
3. Lorcan Tucker(WK)
4. Harry Tector
5. Curtis Campher
6. George Dockrell
7. Gareth Delany
8. Mark Adair
9. Simi Singh
10. Barry McCarthy
11. Joshua Little
WI vs IRE Team Updates:
WI Team Updates
- West Indies and Ireland will both be vying for a position in the Super 12.
- The determined inning of 72*(32) by Curtis Campher helped Ireland, who had a rough start to the competition, turn things around when they chased down a big total of 176 against Scotland on Wednesday.
- Johnson Charles and Kyle Mayers will probably open the inning.
- Evin Lewis will bat at the one-down position.
- Nicholas Pooran and Shamarh Brooks will handle the middle-order batting.
- Nicholas Pooran will lead the West Indies as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Nicholas Pooran will do the Wicket Keeping for West Indies.
- Akeal Hosein will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Alzarri Joseph and Odean Smith will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Alzarri Joseph was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
IRE Team Updates
- Windies also had a respectable performance as they defeated Zimbabwe by 31 runs.
- To help the Windies cross the finish line, Johnson Charles came from the front. Alzari Joseph put out a game-winning performance, taking 4 wickets while giving away only 16 runs.
- Andy Balbirnie and Paul Stirling will probably open the inning.
- Lorcan Tucker will bat at the one-down position. He is the backbone of the batting team.
- Harry Tector and Curtis Campher will handle the middle-order batting.
- Curtis Campher is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Andy Balbirnie will lead the Ireland as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Lorcan Tucker will do the Wicket Keeping for Ireland.
- Simi Singh and Gareth Delany will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Joshua Little and Mark Adair will lead the pace attack of his team.
This game is all set to be a classic contest with fans of both sides and neutrals likely to follow this match very closely. A victory for either team will see them progress to the next stage and we are predicting a very tight match. Overall, we are backing West Indies to win.
West Indies are favorites to beat Ireland at the odds.
WI Key Players:
The 33 year old right-hander was not even in the team for the opening match defeat. However, he showed that he is much needed at the top of the order on Wednesday.
The bowling all-rounder has been impressive in both games in Pool B. He has combined figures of 5-26 so far in the T20 World Cup 2022.
The leader of West Indies’ attack has been in excellent form throughout this year. He dismissed Regis Chakabva, Tony Munyonga, Luke Jongwe and Richard Ngarava in Wednesday’s match.
IRE Key Players:
The experienced opener has hit a century and 20 half-centuries in this format. He has a top score of 95 against West Indies in IT20s.
The bowling all-rounder was Ireland’s top performer against Scotland. He took 2-9 with the ball before hitting 72 not out from 32 balls.
The 22 year old pace bowler has improved a great deal over the last two years. He took only 10 wickets at an average of 47.80 from his first 15 games but since then has taken 45 wickets at an average of 19.11.
WI Team Form:
West Indies ended their losing streak of three IT20 games when they beat Zimbabwe on Wednesday.
IRE Team Form:
Ireland are in good form and have won two of their last three IT20s.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Johnson Charles(WK), Kyle Mayers, Evin Lewis, Nicholas Pooran(WK)(C), Shamarh Brooks, Rovman Powell, Jason Holder, Odean Smith, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Obed McCoy, Brandon King, Raymon Reifer, Yannic Cariah, Sheldon Cottrell
Andy Balbirnie(C), Paul Stirling, Lorcan Tucker(WK), Harry Tector, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Gareth Delany, Mark Adair, Simi Singh, Barry McCarthy, Joshua Little, Graham Hume, Stephen Doheny(WK), Fionn Hand, Conor Olphert