West Indies vs New Zealand 2nd T20i Match Prediction
Match: WI vs NZ T20i Match Prediction
Time: 13 Aug, 12:00 AM (IST)
Series: 2nd T20i Match
Venue: Sabina Park – Kingston, Jamaica
WI vs NZ Dream11 Prediction:
- Shamarh Brooks hit 42 runs at the top of the order for West Indies on Wednesday and he is our tip for their highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Odean Smith took 3-23 in the opening game, but we are backing Obed McCoy, who took 1-39, to be West Indies’ top wicket taker in the second IT20.
- Captain Kane Williamson struck 47 runs from 33 balls from number three in the first IT20. He is remarkably consistent and is our pick for New Zealand’s highest run scorer against West Indies. All five bowlers used by the Black Caps took wickets on Wednesday and Trent Boult is a strong choice for New Zealand’s top wicket taker in this game.
- We recommend backing Kane Williamson to score over 25.5. He averages 32.82 in IT20 cricket.
WI vs NZ Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BT Sport, ESPN Caribbean and Sky Sport NZ.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match via the FanCode App.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Humid with a large threat of thunderstorms over the first couple of hours of the game. The temperature will be at 32 degrees so any rain should dry up quickly.
Although some of the West Indian top order batters had their struggles, most batters were able to score runs at a good rate on Wednesday. Expect good pace on this wicket for this match.
West Indies won the toss and chose to field first on Wednesday. With rain expected in the hours before the start, we expect both captains will want to bowl first ahead of the second game.
L, L, L, L, W
❌ ❌❌❌ ✅
W, W, W, W, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅
WI vs NZ Team News:
WI Team News:
West Indies have chopped and changed their team over the recent home IT20 series with Bangladesh and India but now may well be the time to keep a settled team ahead of the World Cup. Brandon King will be knocking on the door to get back in the side but we expect the hosts to be unchanged.
NZ Team News:
The Black Caps welcomed back their top players to the XI for the first game of the series and their side for the start of the T20 World Cup in two months will be very similar. Lockie Ferguson is often rested but we expect the management to want to gradually increase his workload and for the team to be unchanged in this match.
Nicholas Pooran (c) (wk)
Devon Thomas (wk)
Devon Conway (wk)
Kane Williamson (c)
Who will win today’s match: WI vs NZ T20i Match Fantasy Team
West Indies certainly have a group of strong players but getting them all to perform consistently is the big issue at the moment. Although they will want to challenge in the 2022 T20 World Cup, the tournament may come a little early for them. We have been very impressed with New Zealand over recent weeks and are backing them to win the second IT20.
New Zealand are favourites to beat West Indies
WI Key Players:
Although the right-handed opener batted at a strike rate of 97.67 in the first match of the series, he kept the innings alive as the rest of the top order threw their wickets away.
The all-rounder delivered with both disciplines in the opening game. He dismissed all of the top three in the New Zealand batting order before hitting 27 not out from 12 balls.
The 25 year old conceded three sixes and one four on Wednesday but still picked up the crucial wicket of the in-form Daryl Mitchell.
NZ Key Players:
The captain hit four fours and two sixes at Sabina Park on Wednesday. He will have been disappointed to miss out on his 15th IT20 half-century.
The bowling all-rounder skippered the side to wins on their recent tours of Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands. He took 3-19 on this pitch in the first game of the series.
The 33 year old announced that he will give up his New Zealand central contract at the end of this series. However, his commitment could not be questioned as he bowled 12 dot balls and dismissed Jason Holder.
WI vs NZ Team Form:
WI Team Form:
- The five wicket win over India at the start of this month already seems a long time ago. West Indies have lost four games in a row in this format.
NZ Team Form:
- New Zealand are targeting their ninth straight win in this format. We saw all batters and all bowlers chipping in with useful contributions on Wednesday.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Nicholas Pooran (c), Devon Thomas (wk), Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Obed McCoy, Hayden Walsh, Akeal Hosein, Brandon King, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph, Dominic Drakes
Devon Conway (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Martin Guptill, Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult, Tom Latham, Matt Henry, Michael Bracewell, Finn Allen.