West Indies vs New Zealand 3rd T20i Match Prediction
Match: WI vs NZ T20i Match Prediction
Time: 15 Aug, 12:00 AM (IST)
Series: 3rd T20i Match
Venue: Sabina Park – Kingston, Jamaica
WI vs NZ Dream11 Prediction:
- Nicholas Pooran has been an impressive captain through some tough games this summer. He is a very fluent batter and we are backing him to be West Indies’ highest run scorer in this match. With the ball, Obed McCoy took 3-40 including two wickets in an over on Friday and he is our pick for West Indies’ top wicket taker on Sunday.
- Devon Conway scored 42 runs from 34 balls at the top of the order for New Zealand in the second game and the left-hander is a strong choice for New Zealand’s highest run scorer in this game. With the ball, Mitchell Santner took 3-15 from four overs at this venue and the spinner is our tip for New Zealand’s top wicket taker against West Indies.
- The home side had no answer to the spin attack of New Zealand in the second game. We recommend backing Mitchell Santner to take over 1.5 wickets.
WI vs NZ Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BT Sport, ESPN Caribbean and Sky Sport NZ.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match via the FanCode App.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Mostly sunny from start to finish of this game. The dark clouds and threatened rain from the second IT20 is not forecast ahead of this match.
There is some turn for the spin bowlers but it is not exaggerated and the ball does not misbehave on this surface. Batters will probably need to give themselves four or five balls to get used to the pace of the wicket.
New Zealand won the toss and chose to bat first on Friday. They succeeded in batting West Indies out of the contest in the first half of the match and we predict that both teams will want to do the same on Sunday.
L, L, L, L, L
❌ ❌❌❌ ❌
W, W, W, W, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅
WI vs NZ Team News:
WI Team News:
In his post-match interview, Nicholas Pooran admitted that morale was low in the camp and there were not many options left when it came to picking players. We expect the home side to stick with the same XI that we saw on Friday with perhaps a change in the batting order.
NZ Team News:
With the series in the bag, we expect to see a couple of changes to the side for the Black Caps ahead of Sunday’s game. We predict that Finn Allen will get an opportunity alongside Devon Conway at the top of the order and expect Lockie Ferguson to come back into the team with Trent Boult rested
WI vs NZ Pre-Toss LineUps:
Who will win today’s match: WI vs NZ T20i Match Fantasy Team
There was plenty of frustration and fatigue in the voice of Nicholas Pooran after Friday’s defeat whereas Kane Williamson had the air of a captain who believes wholeheartedly in the project of his side. West Indies have talent but not enough consistency and we expect the series to end with another win for New Zealand.
New Zealand are favourites to beat West Indies
WI Key Players:
the skipper’s struggles on Friday encapsulated those of his team-mates as he made one run from four balls before toe-edging a boundary ball to the keeper. He has the game to win an IT20 match on his own.
the bowling all-rounder took 1-26 from three overs and impressed with his death bowling. His final over included the wicket of Daryl Mitchell and leaked only seven runs.
the tall left-arm fast bowler gave West Indies their only period of hope in the second IT20 when he dismissed Martin Guptill and Kane Williamson four balls apart.
NZ Key Players:
the keeper-batter is one of the best all-format batters in world cricket at the moment. His worst average is in IT20s where he averages 49.07.
the left-arm spinner has taken three wickets in both games at Sabina Park in this series. He is also a very talented batter should he be called upon.
the middle-order batter produced an exceptional performance with the bat and was equally as impressive in the out-field. His top two batting scores in IT20s have come against West Indies.
WI vs NZ Team Info:
WI Team Updates:
- WI batting has been a concern from quite a long now and they need to work on it as soon as possible.
- Since Nicolas Pooran has became the captain of the side, he has failed to perform.
- Shamarh Brooks and Kyle Mayers will probably open the inning.
- Nicholas Pooran will bat at the one-down position.
- Devon Thomas and Shimron Hetmyer will handle the middle-order batting.
- Nicholas Pooran will lead the West Indies as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Devon Thomas will do the Wicket Keeping for West Indies.
- Hayden Walsh will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Odean Smith and Obed McCoy will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Odean Smith is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Obed McCoy was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
NZ Team Updates:
- Glenn Phillips (76 off 41 balls) and Daryl Mitchell (48 off 20 balls) played quick-fire hands to power New Zealand to a series-clinching 90-run win over the West Indies.
- Devon Conway and Martin Guptill will probably open the inning.
- Kane Williamson will bat at the one-down position.
- Daryl-Mitchell and Glenn Phillips will handle the middle-order batting.
- Kane Williamson will lead the New Zealand as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Devon Conway will do the Wicket Keeping for New Zealand.
- Mitchell Santner and Ish Sodhi will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Mitchell Santner is having topmost fantasy points in this series.
- Tim Southee and Trent Boult will lead the pace attack of his team.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Nicholas Pooran (c), Devon Thomas (wk), Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Shimron Hetmyer, Jason Holder, Rovman Powell, Romario Shepherd, Odean Smith, Obed McCoy, Hayden Walsh, Akeal Hosein, Brandon King, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph, Dominic Drakes
Devon Conway (wk), Kane Williamson (c), Martin Guptill, Glenn Phillips, Daryl Mitchell, James Neesham, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Lockie Ferguson, Trent Boult, Tom Latham, Matt Henry, Michael Bracewell, Finn Allen.