West Indies vs New Zealand 1st T20i Match Prediction
Match: WI vs NZ T20i Match Prediction
Time: 11 Aug, 12:00 AM (IST)
Series: 1st T20i Match
Venue: Sabina Park – Kingston, Jamaica
WI vs NZ Dream11 Prediction:
- Nicholas Pooran looked like one of the only players capable of taking the fight to India during the IT20 series. The West Indies skipper is our tip for their highest run scorer against New Zealand. With the ball, Obed McCoy blew hot and cold against India. However, he should enjoy the conditions at Sabina Park and is our pick for West Indies’ top wicket taker in this match.
- Martin Guptill has scored two centuries in this format and the New Zealand opener is a strong choice for their highest run scorer in this game. Trent Boult has not played since the Test series in England in June. He was in very good form in that series and should be well rested. He is our recommendation for New Zealand’s top wicket taker against West Indies.
- Trent Boult is renowned for bowling in-swinging yorkers throughout the innings. He is well worth backing to take over 2.5 wickets.
WI vs NZ Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on BT Sport, ESPN Caribbean and Sky Sport NZ.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match via the FanCode App.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There is a threat of thunderstorms in the early stages of this game but overall it will be hot and humid from start to finish.
Although the pitch is not quite the hard and bouncy one which it was famed for in the 80s and 90s, expect pace bowlers to still generate good speed and carry.
The weather conditions look more suited to bowling early in the match. Our prediction is that both captains will choose to field first.
L, L, L, W, L
❌ ❌❌✅ ❌
W, W, W, W, W
✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅
WI vs NZ Team News:
WI Team News:
The hosts will be pleased to be taking on a new opponent after being ground down by India over the course of three ODIs and five IT20s. There are no injuries in the squad but we do expect Romario Shepherd to come into the side after he was not selected for any of the games against India.
NZ Team News:
After touring around Ireland, Scotland and the Netherlands without some of their top players, New Zealand welcome back skipper Kane Williamson, Devon Conway, Tim Southee and Trent Boult. This is a series that they will be looking to gain some momentum ahead of the T20 World Cup.
N Pooran (c) (wk)
Kane Williamson (c)
Devon Conway (wk)
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: WI vs NZ T20i Match Fantasy Team
Both teams will be looking forward to this contest. West Indies have struggled against India and will benefit from new opposition whereas New Zealand have been playing against teams just below the top level over recent weeks. We expect to see a competitive fixture with New Zealand getting the win.
New Zealand are favourites to beat West Indies
WI Key Players:
The 26 year old skipper did not get beyond 30 in the IT20 series against India but played in an attacking manner throughout. We do not think he is far away from a big score.
The vice-captain has bags of talent and has the highest score for his country in this format in 2022. If he can stay at the crease for over four overs then he will make a significant contribution.
The tall left-arm pace bowler recorded the best figures from a West Indian in this format in the series against India. He generates good bounce when he is on song.
NZ Key Players:
The experienced opener has posted scores in the 40s against Scotland and the Netherlands in this format but needs a big knock to guarantee his place ahead of the World Cup.
The skipper is a big presence in the field and makes a huge difference when at the crease. He has scored 14 half-centuries in this format.
The left-arm quick bowler is one of the best multi-format bowlers in the global game. Over recent years he has added unorthodox but effective lower order hitting to his offering.
WI vs NZ Team Form:
WI Team Form:
- West Indies were well beaten by India over their five-match IT20 series. They were outplayed with the bat and ball in all but one game.
NZ Team Form:
- The Black Caps have won each of their last seven IT20 fixtures. They have not lost a game in this format since November 2021.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Devon Thomas(w), Nicholas Pooran(c), Rovman Powell, Shimron Hetmyer, Shamarh Brooks, Jason Holder, Odean Smith, Akeal Hosein, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph, Obed McCoy, Romario Shepherd, Dominic Drakes, Hayden Walsh
Martin Guptill, Finn Allen, Kane Williamson(c), Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips(w), Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham, Mitchell Santner, James Neesham, Michael Bracewell, Ish Sodhi, Tim Southee, Trent Boult, Matt Henry, Lockie Ferguson.