West Indies vs Scotland
T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 17 Oct, 09:30 AM (IST)
Series: T20 World Cup Match 3
Venue: Bellerive Oval – Hobart, Australia
WI vs SCO Dream11 Prediction:
- Only one player scored more runs in last month’s Caribbean Premier League than Kyle Mayers and we are backing the opener to be West Indies’ highest run scorer against Scotland. With the ball, Alzarri Joseph took 3-21 in the final IT20 against Australia earlier this month and he is our pick for West Indies’ top wicket-taker in this game.
- George Munsey has a top score of 127 not out in this format and the opener is our tip for Scotland’s highest run scorer against West Indies. Brad Wheal took 2-24 in a warm-up clash in Melbourne earlier this week and he is our recommendation for Scotland’s top wicket-taker in this match.
- Alzarri Joseph has been in excellent form over the whole of 2022 and he is well worth backing to take 2+ wickets.
WI vs SCO Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Sports Cricket, Star Network, Fox Sports, ESPN and PTV.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go and Disney+ Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There will be rain earlier in the day but by mid-afternoon expect to see cloudy skies with a high temperature of 13 degrees.
The Bellerive Oval is renowned for offering assistance to quick bowlers. There will be pace in the wicket and a par score will be around 160.
With humidity levels expected to rise across the game, we predict that both teams will want to bowl first and chase a target in the second innings.
Team Form in the Last Five Matches:
L, L, W, L, L
L, L, L, L, L
WI vs SCO TEAM NEWS:
WI Team News:
Nicholas Pooran’s side have no injuries ahead of this game but are without their middle order batter Shimron Hetmyer. He missed the flight to Australia ahead of the IT20 series and was immediately replaced in the squad for T20 World Cup 2022.
SCO Team News:
The 2021 T20 World Cup was a rollercoaster for Scotland. They beat Bangladesh in Pool B but were unable to beat the stronger sides in the second stage. However, they have much of the same squad who will have benefited from last year’s experiences.
WI vs SCO Pre-Toss LineUps:
WI vs SCO Team Updates:
WI Team Updates
- Its a pity that a team like the West Indies have to play the Group Stage in order to be a part of the Super 12 especially in the shortest format of the game.
- Unfortunately, that is the harsh truth about West Indies cricket. All the big guns have retired and the Windies are at a revamp stage with their young captain Nicholas Pooran.
- He will be eager to prove a point and get West Indies glory in the shortest format of the game.
- Johnson Charles and Kyle Mayers will probably open the inning.
- Brandon King will bat at the one-down position.
- Nicholas Pooran and Rovman Powell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Nicholas Pooran will lead the West Indies as a Captain. He is also a good Wicket-Keeper
- Johnson Charles will do the Wicket Keeping for West Indies.
- Akeal Hosein will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Obed McCoy and Alzarri Joseph will lead the pace attack of his team.
SCO Team Updates
- Scotts on the other hand, are in a very tight group and would look to get past the likes of Zimbabwe and Ireland to get a Super 12 berth.
- Scotland would want to replicate the performances of the T20 World Cup 2021 and enter the Super 12.
- George Munsey and Michael Jones will probably open the inning.
- Matthew Cross will bat at the one-down position.
- Calum MacLeod and Richie Berrington will handle the middle-order batting.
- Richie Berrington will lead the Scotland as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Matthew Cross will do the Wicket Keeping for Scotland.
- Mark Watt and Chris Greaves will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Josh Davey and Brad Wheal will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Brad Wheal and Mark Watt were the pick of the bowlers for Scotland in the 2021 World Cup and shall now look to do the same this time around.
Scotland caused an upset in the First Round last year when they beat Bangladesh but it would be an even bigger shock if they were to defeat the 2016 T20 World Cup Winners West Indies. We expect a one-sided game with West Indies getting the victory.
West Indies are favorites to beat Scotland at the odds.
WI Key Players:
the left-handed opener has taken Chris Gayle’s role as the big hitting presence for West Indies. He has a top score of 73 in this format.
the right arm quick bowler has impressed in this format across various tournaments and different parts of the world this year.
the left-arm fast bowler dismissed Tim David and Aaron Finch in the last IT20 against Australia at The Gabba on Friday 7th October.
SCO Key Players:
the left-handed opener has a batting strike-rate of 144.72. He struggled in the 2021 T20 World Cup in the UAE but should be more successful in Australian conditions.
the 35 year old Scottish skipper has an excellent record in this format. He has scored seven fifties and one century in IT20s.
the right arm seam bowler took 5-38 for Hampshire Hawks against Glamorgan in this year’s T20 Blast. His strong bowling took the Hawks to the title in mid-July.
WI Team Form:
West Indies have been very disappointing in this format for a long time. They lost the recent series with Australia 2-0 and have won only one of their last five.
SCO Team Form:
Scotland have been beaten in their last seven IT20s. Their last victory in this format came against Oman in the 2021 T20 World Cup.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Nicholas Pooran (c), Rovman Powell, Yannic Cariah, Johnson Charles, Sheldon Cottrell, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Brandon King, Evin Lewis, Kyle Mayers, Obed Mccoy, Shamarh Brooks, Odean Smith, Raymon Reifer
Richard Berrington (c), George Munsey, Michael Leask, Bradley Wheal, Chris Sole, Chris Greaves, Safyaan Sharif, Josh Davey, Matthew Cross, Calum MacLeod, Brandon McMullen, Michael Jones, Craig Wallace, Mark Watt, Hamza Tahir