West Indies vs England Women
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 11 Feb, 06:30 PM (IST)
Series: ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Match-2
Venue: Boland Park – Paarl, South Africa
WI-W vs ENG-W Dream11 Prediction:
- Captain Hayley Matthews is by far West Indies Women’s most consistent batter and she is well worth backing as their highest run scorer against England Women. With the ball, leg-spinner Afy Fletcher has taken 51 wickets across her WT20I career and is our tip for West Indies Women’s top wicket taker in this game.
- Danni Wyatt has a top score of 124 in WT20Is and the opener is our pick for England Women’s highest run scorer against West Indies Women. Sophie Ecclestone took 3-19 in a warm-up game against New Zealand Women on Wednesday and we expect her to be England Women’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Most pundits expect Sophie Ecclestone to be one of the top wicket takers in the tournament and we recommend backing her to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash
WI-W vs ENG-W Live Streaming:
TV Channels: This match will be shown live on Star Sports, SuperSport, Sky Sport Cricket, Gazi TV, PTV Sports, Fox Sports and ESPN+.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, SuperSport App and Hotstar.
Weather & Pitch Report:
It is going to be very hot and sunny across this afternoon fixture in Paarl. The forecast is for the temperature to be as high as 36 degrees in the first hour of the game.
This is a good batting wicket with consistent bounce. Any score above 180 will be very hard to chase down in the second innings of the game.
The conditions at Boland Park will not change a great deal across this match. We predict that both skippers will choose to field first if they win the toss.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
L, L, L, L, L
W, W, W, W, W
WI-W vs ENG-W TEAM NEWS:
WI-W Team News:
Former skipper Stafanie Taylor is expected to be fit for this opening game although she has been recovering from a back injury and has not played for West Indies Women since a WODI against New Zealand in September. There are no other injury worries across the squad.
ENG-W Team News:
After being knocked out of the 2020 Women’s T20 World Cup at the semi-final stage without playing the match (it was rained off) England Women will be determined to go all the way to the final this time. They have a fully fit squad to select from in this match.
WI-W vs ENG-W Pre-Toss LineUps:
WI-W vs ENG-W Team Updates:
WI-W Team Updates –
- Hayley Matthews and Rashada Williams will probably open the inning.
- Shemaine Campbelle will bat at the one-down position.
- Shabika Gajnabi and Chinelle Henry will handle the middle-order batting.
- Hayley Matthews will lead the West Indies Women as a Captain.
- Rashada Williams will do the Wicket Keeping for West Indies Women.
- Hayley Matthews and Afy Fletcher will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Hayley Matthews was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Shakera Selman and Karishma Ramharack will lead the pace attack of her team
ENG-W Team Updates –
- Sophia Dunkley and Danielle Wyatt will probably open the inning.
- Sophia Dunkley was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
- Alice Capsey will bat at the one-down position.
- Natalie Sciver and Heather Knight will handle the middle-order batting.
- Heather Knight will lead the England Women as a Captain. She is also a good Batsman
- Lauren Winfield will do the Wicket Keeping for England Women.
- Sophie Ecclestone and Heather Knight will take care of the spin bowling of her team.
- Charlie Dean will lead the pace attack of her team.
Although both teams have won one Women’s T20 World Cup each, West Indies Women are considered to be far behind England Women in the current state of the teams. West Indies Women will be very reliant on Hayley Matthews and Stafanie Taylor whereas England Women’s team is full of match-winners. Our prediction is for a comfortable victory for England Women.
England Women are favorites to beat West Indies Women
WI-W Key Players:
Hayley Matthews –
The captain has regularly finished as the leading run scorer and top wicket taker for her side over recent series. She will be a key wicket for the England Women bowlers to take.
Stafanie Taylor –
The experienced all-rounder brings 98 WT20I wickets and over 3000 WT20I runs to the team. She is capable of winning a match on her own.
Afy Fletcher –
The 35 year old leg-spinner took 2-13 in a warm-up fixture earlier this month and has format best figures of 5-13.
ENG-W Key Players:
Danni Wyatt –
The 31 year old right-handed opener hit 59 not out during the December 2022 series against West Indies Women and is a very attacking player.
Alice Capsey –
The 18 year old batting all-rounder was highlighted as a player to watch a couple of years ago but has rapidly progressed since. She averages 33.42 from nine WT20I innings.
Sophie Ecclestone –
The left-arm spinner has taken 190 wickets across her international career and is very consistent irrespective of the pitch or opposition.
WI-W vs ENG-W Team Forms:
WI-W Team Form:
West Indies Women have not won any of their last 12 full WT20I matches. However, they did win a warm-up game against Sri Lanka Women earlier this week.
ENG-W Team Form:
England Women have been in fantastic form and have won their last seven WT20I matches.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
WI-W vs ENG-W SQUAD:
West Indies Women (WI-W):
Hayley Matthews(C), Rashada Williams(WK), Shemaine Campbelle, Shabika Gajnabi, Chinelle Henry, Djenaba Joseph, Zaida James, Aaliyah Alleyne, Afy Fletcher, Karishma Ramharack, Shakera Selman, Trishan Holder, Shamilia Connell, Stafanie Taylor, Chedean Nation.
England Women (ENG-W):
Sophia Dunkley, Danielle Wyatt, Alice Capsey, Natalie Sciver, Heather Knight(C), Amy Jones(WK), Maia Bouchier, Sophie Ecclestone, Charlie Dean, Katherine Brunt, Lauren Winfield(WK), Kate Cross, Sarah Glenn, Freya Davies, Lauren Bell, Danielle Gibson, Issy Wong