YOR vs LAN T20 Blast Semi-Final Match Prediction
Match: YOR vs LAN T20 Blast Match Prediction
Time: 16 Jul, 03:30 PM (IST)
Series: T20 Blast Semi Final Match
Venue: Edgbaston Cricket Ground – Edgbaston
YOR vs LAN Info:
- Adam Lyth got a golden duck in the quarter final but has scored 518 runs in the competition and has performed well in the tournament over many years. The opener is our tip for Yorkshire Vikings’ highest run scorer against Lancashire Lightning. With the ball, Jordan Thompson is a strike bowler and is our pick for Yorkshire’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Steven Croft struck 76 not out from 48 balls against Essex Eagles in the quarter final and is well worth backing as Lancashire Lightning’s highest run scorer in this game. Richard Gleeson made his international debut last Saturday and dismissed Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli and Rishabh Pant. He is a strong choice for Lancashire’s top wicket taker against Yorkshire Vikings.
- Any Roses clash is full of pressure and the spotlight will be huge in this game. We are backing the experience of Steven Croft to make a big score and take the Player of the Match Award.
YOR vs LAN Live Streaming:
TV channels: This match will be shown live on Sky Sports in the UK.
Live Streaming: Fans can stream the match on the Fan Code app; the ECB website and app; and SkyGo.
Weather & Pitch Report:
Although there is a heatwave in the UK at present, this game will be played in the earlier part of the day with temperatures between 19 and 21 degrees.
The pitch in Birmingham has delivered plenty of high scoring affairs this season. We expect a lot of bounce from this surface with a par score over 185.
The conditions will not change too much from innings to innings and we predict that both captains will want to bat first and post a large imposing score.
W, L, L, W, W
✅ ❌ ❌ ✅ ✅
W, W, L, L, NR
✅ ✅ ❌❌ ❌
YOR vs LAN Team News:
YOR Team News:
With England and India in the midst of an ODI series, there are some big names likely to miss Final’s Day for the Vikings. New Zealand’s Finn Allen is also unavailable with the New Zealand tour of Ireland also taking place. Overseas players, Shadab Khan and Dominic Drakes are both available.
LAN Team News:
Dane Vilas’ side have the same availability issues as their semi-final opponents with the likes of Jos Buttler, Phil Salt and Liam Livingstone all representing England. We expect pace bowler Richard Gleeson to be released from the national squad for this match.
T K Cadmore (wk)
Dane Vilas (c)
Small League Team: Pre-Toss
Who will win today’s match: YOR vs LAN T20 Blast Match Fantasy Team
Final’s Day is always an excellent event for players and supporters alike but this semi-final will catch the eye of cricket lovers across the globe. The teams are very well matched and have delivered two excellent contests already in the tournament. We are predicting a Lancashire Lightning win.
Lancashire are favorites to beat Yorkshire
YOR Key Players:
With five half-centuries in the competition, the former England left-handed opener is the fifth highest run scorer so far.
The bowling all-rounder has picked up plenty of experience on the global T20 circuit. He has 17 wickets in the tournament.
The Pakistan all-rounder has delivered with the ball across his appearances in the competition. He has taken 7 wickets from his last four T20 Blast games.
LAN Key Players:
The 37 year old batting all-rounder hit five fours and four sixes in the semi-final win over Essex Eagles and has 498 runs in the competition.
The middle-order batter has been an excellent finisher for Lancashire Lightning this season. He was at the wicket when they won their quarter-final.
Only Naveen Ul-Haq has taken more wickets than the experienced tall right arm pace bowler in the 2022 Vitality Blast.
YOR vs LAN Team Form:
YOR Team Form:
- Yorkshire Vikings ended the North Group stage with successive defeats and arguably stumbled into the knockout stage. However, they beat tournament favourites Surrey in the last round.
LAN Team Form:
- Lancashire Lightning had an exceptional first half of the tournament before having a slight dip in the second part of the group stage. They are targeting their third successive victory in the competition.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Adam Lyth, Harry Brook(c), Dawid Malan, Tom Kohler-Cadmore(w), Shadab Khan, Will Fraine, Dominic Drakes, Dominic Bess, Jordan Thompson, George Hill, Matthew Revis, Jonathan Tattersall, Matthew Waite, Tom Loten, William Luxton.
Philip Salt(w), Keaton Jennings, Steven Croft, Dane Vilas(c), Tim David, Rob Jones, Luke Wells, Danny Lamb, Luke Wood, Matthew Parkinson, Tom Bailey, Josh Bohannon, Richard Gleeson, Tom Hartley, Liam Hurt.