Zimbabwe vs Ireland
1st ODI Match Prediction & Tips
Time: 18 Jan, 12:45 PM (IST)
Series: 1st ODI Match
Venue: Harare Sports Club – Harare, Zimbabwe
ZIM vs IRE Dream11 Prediction:
- Craig Ervine scored 54 on Sunday and has hit three centuries in this format. The captain is our tip for Zimbabwe’s highest run scorer against Ireland. Ryan Burl has been in fantastic form in Harare and took 5-10 in Zimbabwe’s last ODI. The leg-spinner is well worth backing as Zimbabwe’s top wicket taker in this match.
- Paul Stirling only knows one way to play cricket and that is to attack the opposition bowlers. He has 13 ODI hundreds and is our pick for Ireland’s highest run scorer in this game. Josh Little has 95 international wickets and had an impressive 2022. The 23 year old quick bowler is a strong choice for Ireland’s top wicket taker on Wednesday.
- Ryan Burl was the leading wicket taker during the IT2-0 series and, although it is a different format, he has had plenty of success in ODIs. We recommend backing him to take over 1.5 wickets in this clash.
ZIM vs IRE Live Streaming:
This match will be shown live on Sky Cricket, FoxTel and the Sony Network.
Fans can stream the match on Sky Go, FoxTel and Sony Liv.
Weather & Pitch Report:
There will be a constant threat of thunderstorms in the second half of this game although there is a chance that they will pass Harare by. It will be cloudy and humid throughout.
We expect the pitch to behave in a very similar manner to what we saw during the shorter-format series. Both teams should be aiming for a total over 320 on a surface which will turn.
The teams chose to field first when they won the toss in the IT20s and, with wet weather expected before play starts, we predict that the captains will want to bowl first in this game.
Team Form in the Last Matches:
W, L, L, L, L
L, L, L, W, W
ZIM vs IRE TEAM NEWS:
ZIM Team News:
As with the IT20 series, Sikandar Raza will miss the ODIs due to playing in the ILT20 and Blessing Muzarabani continues to be unavailable through injury. Sean Williams missed the final IT20 and is expected to also sit this game out as he recovers from an injury.
IRE Team News:
Paul Stirling, Josh Little and Lorcan Tucker are all scheduled to be available after completing short stints in the SA20 and ILT20 which meant they missed the IT20 leg of this tour. All three are integral members of the team and will take them up to a higher level.ZIM vs IRE Pre-Toss LineUps:
ZIM vs IRE Team Updates
ZIM Team Updates
- Innocent Kaia and Tadiwanashe Marumani will probably open the inning.
- Craig Ervine will bat at the one-down position.
- Wesley Madhevere and Sean Williams will handle the middle-order batting.
- Craig Ervine will lead the Zimbabwe as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Tadiwanashe Marumani will do the Wicket Keeping for Zimbabwe.
- Sean Williams and Wellington Masakadza will take care of the spin bowling of his team.
- Tendai Chatara and Richard Ngarava will lead the pace attack of his team.
IRE Team Updates
- Andy Balbirnie and Paul Stirling will probably open the inning.
- Lorcan Tucker will bat at the one-down position.
- Harry Tector and George Dockrell will handle the middle-order batting.
- Andy Balbirnie will lead the Ireland as a Captain. He is also a good Batsman
- Lorcan Tucker will do the Wicket Keeping for Ireland.
- Andy McBrine will take care of the spin bowling of the team.
- Joshua Little and Barry McCarthy will lead the pace attack of his team.
- Joshua Little was the highest fantasy points gainer in the previous match.
The IT20 series was very entertaining with the result still not confirmed until the final over of the final game. We expect an equally close set of games in these ODIs and both teams have players capable of spending large periods of time at the crease and making big scores. We are predicting a high scoring game to start the series and expect Zimbabwe, with home advantage, to win the first ODI.
Zimbabwe are our favorites to beat Ireland at the odds of 1.54
ZIM Key Players:
The captain missed the tour of Australia but was in strong form at this venue during the IT20s. He hit 96 runs, including a half-century on Sunday, in his last two innings.
The former England international missed the last two IT20s with mild concussion but is expected back for this match. He has scored two half-centuries in ODI cricket.
The all-rounder was the pick of Zimbabwe’s bowlers during the IT20 series. He will be looking forward to bowling more overs in this format after taking seven wickets across the three IT20s.
IRE Key Players:
the right-handed opener hit a 103-ball 120 in his last ODI against New Zealand. He is in good form ahead of this match after scoring 54 runs from 38 balls in an ILT20 match.
23 year old batting all-rounder has an excellent ODI batting record and has been strong form with the ball on this tour. He already has five wickets at the Harare Sports Club.
the left-arm pace bowler is aggressive and often concedes more runs than most in this format. However, he is a regular wicket taker with best figures of 4-39 in ODIs.
ZIM vs IRE Team Forms:
ZIM Team Form:
Zimbabwe secured a famous victory over a full-strength Australia team in their last ODI but had lost their previous six games in this format.
IRE Team Form:
Although Ireland lost their last three ODIs to New Zealand, two of those defeats were by margins of one run and one wicket. They have become a reliable team in this format.
Grand League Team: Pre-Toss
Join Our Telegram Channel:
for More Matches. ie T10, Giveaway & Other Matches and Info
Ryan Burl, Regis Chakabva, Tendai Chatara, Craig Ervine, Luke Jongwe, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Wessly Madhevere, Tadiwanashe Marumani, Wellington Masakadza, Tarisai Musakanda, Blessing Muzarabani, Dion Myers, Richard Ngarava, Sikandar Raza, Milton Shumba, Brendan Taylor, Sean Williams, Donald Tiripano
Andrew Balbirnie, Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, George Dockrell, Graham Kennedy, Josh Little, Andy McBrine, Barry McCarthy, William Porterfield, Neil Rock, Simi Singh, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Craig Young.